Walmart a good place to get prepping supplies??

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And a lot of them seem to really hate their jobs too.
Not sure why that is. I may not like Walmart, but they do offer jobs for a lot of people. They pay well, have good benefits and lots of advancement opportunities. All they ask for in return is to show up on time and do your job.

And a lot of them seem to really hate their jobs too.
My younger Brother has worked for Wal Mart for a Very long time. All he does is keep the floors clean and shinning, he has passed more promotions than he can remember! Managers at Wal Mart are people that are either Power Hungry or thought they would have it made as a Manager. Managers work Longer Hours and get less pay. My Brother makes more than the Store Manager if you break it down by hours! They do offer Great Benefits, including Health Ins., Stocks, Time Off but Managers are A-Holes or know Nothing...or Both!

Not sure why that is. I may not like Walmart, but they do offer jobs for a lot of people. They pay well, have good benefits and lots of advancement opportunities. All they ask for in return is to show up on time and do your job.
My younger Brother has worked for Wal Mart for a Very long time. All he does is keep the floors clean and shinning, he has passed more promotions than he can remember! Managers at Wal Mart are people that are either Power Hungry or thought they would have it made as a Manager. Managers work Longer Hours and get less pay. My Brother makes more than the Store Manager if you break it down by hours! They do offer Great Benefits, including Health Ins., Stocks, Time Off but Managers are A-Holes or know Nothing...or Both!

Our local Walmart does not pay that great. Around $10.00 an hour. You can get better pay at McDonalds at $11.50. Saw it on their sign.

Walmart also keeps employees at a part time basis so that they can avoid paying benefits.

My theory is that they can buy a television but never be able buy all the stuff they are shown in commercials.

Our local Walmart does not pay that great. Around $10.00 an hour. You can get better pay at McDonalds at $11.50. Saw it on their sign.

Walmart also keeps employees at a part time basis so that they can avoid paying benefits.

around here it's $15/hour to start - keeping anybody showing up at the fast food places and cheap stores is just about impossible - stores have to close early because nobody wants to work at night ...

local food plant is expanding and looking to hire 75 new people - where the hell they think they'll find those people is a joke ......

He did start out at around $10 but after all his years and "dedication" he is making good money now!
They did try to move him part time but the local district rep said No, that he wanted the floors to shine! They have won best floors in District for sometime now! I think they would pay my Brother what ever he asked just to keep him and their clean and shinning floors!

Last edited:
Having flashbacks to working for Mc D. in CA at 15 and making $1.90 an hour. The burgers costed 10 cents and the fries 5 cents. 1974...Moved to KFC because they were paying $2.15/hr. Those were good till I started washing dishes in a large restaurant and making $3.25!!! Funny, cleaning the mess after eating was paid better than cooking the food itself for eating...GP

Latest posts

Back