Walmart "72 hour" kit

Prepper & Survivalism Forum

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

ccarter_84

Reaction score
I picked this up at Wally World yesterday on one of the displays in the middle of the isle.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387564973.811948.jpg
here's a shot of it buttoned down.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387565025.073094.jpg
and here's a shot of the mollie webbing on the back.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387565085.396883.jpg
don't get me wrong it's not maxpedition but for $35 it's a tough little bag. I personally think that I'm going to empty it and use the bag for an IFAK.

Gazrok

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
It's not a bad little pack, especially if those are ration bars in the upper left. To get the items separately, you'd likely spend about the same, or a little more, without even considering the pack itself. Good deal really.

ccarter_84

Reaction score
I got one too, pretty nifty! We keep ours in our side by side for the off road trips. May come in handy
Yea it's a pretty nifty little kit add and replace a few items and it'll make a good little trunk kit.

Trapper

Reaction score
For $35 you can buy the same bag or better and still put more stuff in it taylor made to your needs. If your on this website you have the resources at your finger tips to research what it takes to make what you need.

Gazrok

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
For $35 you can buy the same bag or better and still put more stuff in it taylor made to your needs. If your on this website you have the resources at your finger tips to research what it takes to make what you need.
True, but it is a decent value for the money, and a good start for someone just getting into it.

I think back to my first BOB, lol.... It was a huge framed backpack, even had dive fins and a snorkel in there for godsakes, hehe.....

Now, I travel much lighter, and with things I know I really will need (or want) on the trek home. Heck, I've even got it now to where if I have to, I can even ditch the pack and be just fine with my belt pack.

rudyc

Reaction score
i bought some thing similar from academy

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/lif...-533051?N=401310246&Ntt=emergency+kit&Ntk=All

it came with:

- 8 pouches of drinking water
- 1 food bar
- Poncho
- Blanket
- 2 hand warmers
- Glow stick
- Whistle
- "Call 911" flag
- Dust mask
- 1 box of waterproof matches
- Manual can opener
- Carry bag

and of course i added a few things extra, but it was one of my first emergency kit, plus it fits perfectly on the bottom of the back seat in the truck. but it is only for 1 person/ 2 days emergency kit. so it is a good backup to my GHB. or a bag i can spare to a passenger if i need to.

Gazrok

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Just for any who didn't know, IFAK = Individual First Aid Kit. Meant to add that to my first post.

It is a good starter, if going from nothing, but the bare minimum additions I'd recommend are:
1) Add a good folding knife
2) Add a thermal emergency blanket (if not already in there)
3) Add some trial size OTC meds (Over The Counter)
4) Foot powder and a spare pair of socks
5) Replace the crappy flashlight
6) Add a lighter and some matches
7) Add a survival whistle

realisticdude

Reaction score
I think back to my first BOB, lol....

Now, I travel much lighter, and with things I know I really will need (or want) on the trek home..................................... I prefer" Trek Home Bag" to "Bug Out Bag". Has a nice ring to it.

doc pops

Reaction score
True, but it is a decent value for the money, and a good start for someone just getting into it.

I think back to my first BOB, lol.... It was a huge framed backpack, even had dive fins and a snorkel in there for godsakes, hehe.....

Now, I travel much lighter, and with things I know I really will need (or want) on the trek home. Heck, I've even got it now to where if I have to, I can even ditch the pack and be just fine with my belt pack.
Yup! My first BOB was a frame pack and I put so much in it! Wow how we change. I do have a a BOB & BOB II, my partner at work named them both are for medical and one is a London Bridge, the other is a STOMP II. For the most part what I keep with meat all times is a Swiss Gear back pack/book bag/office, for daily use and my get home bag. Get the ambulance to the station and hop in the truck, or hijack the mobile ER, if all else fails, I could last for days with what is in my pockets. For $53.00 w/the bag, you can add just a little and have an awesome 72 hr bag! Especially for a first bag.
Good luck, be safe, and God bless!

doc pops

Reaction score
Just looked on Walmart.com that 72 hour bag is listed for $34.97and for $54.57 you can get one with "The Les Stroud SK Desert folding knife with fire starter". With free shipping on the latter one. Not bad and could work in a pinch.

Gazrok

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
I like Stroud over Grylls anyday... No hotels for Stroud, hehe..... True, most is a no-brainer, but there are some occasional tidbits.

doc pops

Reaction score
Been on some of the "survival sets", and they only show the skill when they get it right! I thought in a survival scenario you only got one chance to get it right!

Gazrok

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Watch more of Stroud...plenty of times he screws up too, hehe... Supposedly, just him and a camera out there (and so far, no evidence to the contrary).

doc pops

Reaction score
Watch of Stroud...plenty of times he screws up too, hehe... Supposedly, just him and a camera out there (and so far, no evidence to the contrary).
I have instructed over the years, when you see someone fail and keep trying and succeed there is a since of accomplishment for the student and the instructor! No pulling the wool over someone's eyes, to get an at a boy!

Latest posts