Walking Dead Season 8 Premieres October 22nd

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toexist

God Like
Banned
Reaction score

Judging by trailer above...its looks more promising than last season (which was one of the worst in my opinion).

They allowed too many useless characters to carry over. In earlier seasons they would casually kill them off now they dedicate entire episodes to them.

Why dedicate entire episodes to killing off B level characters that nobody cares about?

I hope the show goes back to its origins and sets a faster pace from the start.

the saving grace though, is the villain of the last season.

Personally, it seems Negan has his sh*t together much more than Rick and his group. While I may not agree with some of his actions (such as using fear to take wives).... in other actions he's definitely provided for his group (even if via questionable methods). In some cases though, he's no more a villain than Rick's group....who, if you recall, engaged in assassination for food and medicine from Hilltop.

The King is another welcome addition to the show. (and the actor is such a nice guy in person). You'd barely recognize him out of costume though...without the dreads, etc.

the saving grace though, is the villain of the last season.

Personally, it seems Negan has his sh*t together much more than Rick and his group. While I may not agree with some of his actions (such as using fear to take wives).... in other actions he's definitely provided for his group (even if via questionable methods). In some cases though, he's no more a villain than Rick's group....who, if you recall, engaged in assassination for food and medicine from Hilltop.

The King is another welcome addition to the show. (and the actor is such a nice guy in person). You'd barely recognize him out of costume though...without the dreads, etc.

I was thinking the same thing about Negan.

You met Ezekiel? Lmfao, embarrassing to say but I can't stand his character and was secretly wishing for him to meet an early demise. Maybe if I met him in person I would think differently.

I go to a lot of conventions, so yeah, I get to meet a lot of celebs, even if just briefly...though sometimes, much longer. I met him at a con in Tampa...and Darryl in Orlando. I've met Maggie a few times (and she is SO gorgeous in person). Also met Merle (who is SUPER nice) and Abraham, who is also a pretty cool guy (and was doing a lot for charity). I'll have to revisit this with some pics.

I also know a few professional cosplayers who are dead ringers for the characters...and you would swear they are the real deal for a couple of them, hehe. Cecil Grimes (who dresses as Rick) is an incredible likeness, and has often been mistaken for Andrew Lincoln, even by event employees, etc.

In the past though, I've had drinks at the bar with Sir Anthony Daniels (C-3PO), joked around with Worf and Geordi (who are friends in real life, from Star Trek), and had conversation with Erin Gray (Wilma from Buck Rogers) about when she used to have a horse ranch (as I do now). Conventions are great fun, and it's cool to meet folks you've seen on TV and in movies your whole life. Our hallway is literally covered with such pics, as it's become kind of a hobby.

We're going to a Con end of the month, but we've actually already gotten photos of all of them before. I'm more excited about the one in Oct (Spooky, in Orland0). Hoping to meet Fairuza Balk, Richard Dreyfuss, Loni Anderson, Joan Cusack (we've already met her brother John), Shannon Elizabeth, and Daphne Zuniga (probably some others I'm forgetting). I highly recommend it if you are a sci fi or horror fan. These conventions are great fun.

get a jailbroken firestick. Watch whatever the heck you want, as long as you have wifi....for free. Screw cable.

That's our plan as soon as we can get a reliable internet provider that ISN'T the damn cable company. For now, just have a digital antenna (cost me $8) and gives me about 50 channels for free, including local networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, etc.) and a few channels that show old movies, crime shows, game shows, etc. It'll do for now. Anything else, we can simply use netflix or showbox. I do want some reliable internet vs. using a phone hotspot though. Then, I'm good.

get a jailbroken firestick. Watch whatever the heck you want, as long as you have wifi....for free. Screw cable.

That's our plan as soon as we can get a reliable internet provider that ISN'T the damn cable company. For now, just have a digital antenna (cost me $8) and gives me about 50 channels for free, including local networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, etc.) and a few channels that show old movies, crime shows, game shows, etc. It'll do for now. Anything else, we can simply use netflix or showbox. I do want some reliable internet vs. using a phone hotspot though. Then, I'm good.

Gaz, if you do use a jailbroken fire stick, just make sure you use a VPN service. It keeps ‘them’ from being able to find out who you are. If you do, your internet provider will get something from the folks who own the tv show or movie. Not that I know anything about this.... at all....

I don't live to far from the town in Georgia where they film The Walking Dead. It's cool to go there when they are not filming and walk around some of the sets, some you can't, like Alexandria and the Hilltop, unless you pay for a tour. Then go when they are filming and see all the actors and maybe even be asked to be an extra! There has already been 3 people that played extras and went on to acting careers. You can eat at the restaurant owned by Darrell and one of the Directors I believe it is. It's a blast!

tumblr_oby548Yqpw1qjsc4fo1_500.gif

That's badass.

I think the Walking Dead is a great prepper show. Suddenly, they is zero technology. It really makes me think about how to prepare for different scenarios.

Yea for me it's fun watching them work together as a single unit to overcome obstacles thrown their way. Especially when compromises need to be made.

I
We're going to call about getting satalite TV and internet up here soon. Can't do much with a "smart" phone. Signal is very limited here.
Ave satellite for TV and another for computers. We don't have a choice here. I really like Directv. We've had it and it's parent company for over 20 years. I get free remotes when they come out to upgrade etc. As many as 4 in one day. The usual price is $49 or so

I am ready for season 8! I hope Eugene gets shanked in the first 5 minutes. I can't stand that guy.
It is a great prepping show for sure.
I agree last season was the worst. What was the deal with the trash woman that spoke in short sentences? Eugene had way too much airtime. I was getting tired of Carol sitting out on the sideline like a big baby. Morgan, "All lives are precious" ...him how's that working out for you now, Morgan? And Rick.... slowly ...like molasses he got it together. If this season doesn't pick up, I am out. I had to dump Fear the Walking Dead. I just couldn't take it anymore.

Last edited:
I am ready for season 8! I hope Eugene gets shanked in the first 5 minutes. I can't stand that guy.
It is a great prepping show for sure.
I agree last season was the worst. What was the deal with the trash woman that spoke in short sentences? Eugene had way too much airtime. I was getting tired of Carol sitting out on the sideline like a big baby. Morgan, "All lives are precious" ...him how's that working out for you now, Morgan? And Rick.... slowly ...like molasses he got it together. If this season doesn't pick up, I am out. I had to dump Fear the Walking Dead. I just couldn't take it anymore.

nick-cage-lol.gif

Eugene shank comment is priceless.

Eugene and Dwight "D" will both be killed season 8 but I bet they will both be working against Neagan. Neagans little Warrior Girl Arat will probably get a bigger role during the War .

Latest posts

Back