Must Read Volcanoes Under Control

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oleg_K

Reaction score
91683897.jpg

I often asked my fellow acquaintances: is possible to take such natural phenomenon as volcanic activity of the Earth under control? As a rule ,the question caused bewilderment with the answer "no" and when I said that it is possible, I received an inappropriate gesture.

201.jpg

On the Earth's surface there are 4 types of volcanoes, they are different from each other in their lava descent speed after eruption.

High speed - when the lava leaves through the central opening of a volcano, leaving a hole. Such volcanoes on Earth are about 4-5 in number. They are called : " The gate to hell".

Averege speed - when the lava stays for some time in the a muzzle of a volcano and during this time, cooling, it manages to create a crater and stiffen on a depth of 30-50 meters ,then the lava goes down, leaving an opening. At the same time in the muzzle of the volcano a "cork" is formed.

Slow speed - when the "cork" with it’s length exceeds the volcano radius in the lower part of the "cork" in the horizontal plane.

Very Slow speed - when length of "cork" exceeds height of the volcanic muzzle.

How will the lava in each of these four cases behave?

volcano.jpg

In the first case - the lava will quietly rise to edge of the muzzle of the volcano, without creating any pressure or any emissions and having reached edge of a muzzle of a volcano, it will quietly begin to leak from the lowest part of the edge of the volcano muzzle.

In the second case - at repeated eruption the rising lava will create all increasing pressure inside of the volcano canal. At the same time the volcano canals sidewalls will begin to crumble and shower down as a result of the high pressure and high temperature, creating the convection movement together with internal gases.

vulkan-kilauea-15.jpg

The longer the process will take place, the dispersion (size) of particles of the formed dust will be higher. At high dispersion during the explosion of a volcano dust will be thrown out to a high altitude into the sky and dust will pollute large areas.

why44-2.jpg

At a rather short process of dust formation inside the volcanoes cavity, at low dispersion of particles of dust and at an explosion of a volcano, the pyroclastic stream will roll down from its top down, with a speed depending on the volcanoes height.

This speed can reach 250 km/hour.

Such a stream in the past burned and destroyed the city of Pompeii.

14.jpg

In the third case - the eruption will not begin at the volcano top but from the sides of the volcano cone. In the case of a long convection process inside the volcano, it’s internal walls can diminish to such an extent that the top of the volcano cone can collapse inside itself, having formed a caldera (a huge crater) or it could move sideways and roll down from the mountain. At the same time if it fall into water, then there is a possibility that a tsunami will form.

A similar process happened with the “Etna” Volcano on Sicily recently.

In the fourth case - the volcano is considered extinct and in the case of renewal of volcanic activity in this area, a new volcano can appear at a foot old.

What can we do in the first three cases?

A conclusion arises:
lead the second and third dangerous cases to the first safe one.

1237792963_vezuvij2.jpg

In the second case - with help from aircraft and depth charges , you destroy the volcano "cork" inside the crater of the volcano and lower the edge of the volcano in the place necessary to safely discharge the lava at the next eruption.

In the third case - it is necessary to make an opening in the crater,in the depth of the "cork" in any available way (a boring machine, a self-propelled pile driver, etc.). After that - expand the received opening by means of internal explosions.

To sum it all up:

If we use this method to “unseal” volcanoes, then the threat of earthquakes will decrease since at the increase of pressure magma will begin "to breathe" through the openings in the volcanoes but it will not move the tectonic plates of the earth’s crust.

You can compare the volcano with a daily life example of boiling milk in a pot:
When the pot is closed with a lid then when the milk will boil you will not be able to control the pressure that is building up and the milk will burst through the lid and and milk will escape the pot.
But if you take the lid off the pressure that is building up will be controlled.

For example the Kilauea volcano in Hawaii which is an open volcano and the lava pours from it without creating an explosion (the result we want to achieve)-

Why would you want to control volcano's in such a way? Volcano's are good for the environment.. They bring up new and renewed minerals to the surface.

I would imagine that it is possible to affect the behavior of some volcano's if we through enough money at it.. but its a waste of time and effort.

have vague feeling that if man would try it would be a massive failure in the end,but I'm not an expert on the subject.

I don't think it is possible to completely control a volcano ,perhaps use some of the energy from one but in my opinion it is like have a tiger in the room with you,one day it is going to do what it feels like and then there will be hell to pay

they kinda control those in Iceland to get geothermal energy,but your analogy is right about that tiger ;)

One ain't going to control volcanoes! Man has tried to control nature on many levels but nature has always found a way to defeat man. You are dealing with pressures in excess of 150-200 atmospheres at a minimum of over 600lbs per square inch (54 atmospheres) the pressure is coming from magma/gases in excess of 20km below the surface, one isn't going to relieve the pressures over 65617 feet below the surface when in fact in hydrothermal drilling hitting magma has ended the drilling at 2500-3000 feet below the surface due to high temps and pressure even on water cooled drillers leaving 62617 feet to the pressure building gases and magma, generally at 6500 feet you may run into molten rock near volcanoes with temps close to if not over 2400F.

Good luck in your venture!

Last edited:
If you keep volcanoes on a permanent vented system you are releasing a continues stream of H2O, CO2, SO2, H2S, carbon monoxide, nitrogen, neon , helium, methane, neon, argon and hydrogen ..and so on.

Volcanoes create and maintain our atmosphere doing what it does now on intermittent bases but now you are talking about releasing the gases on a continues bases, doing that would literally destroy our atmosphere. The critical balance nature provides now shouldn't be messed with, playing god will destroy us!!

I was wondering when you'd read this. You being a volcanologistinlaw you know. I thought it seemed like areach of power for us to match up against that kind of power, especially considering we cant seem to accomplish delivering a fresh pizza.

Latest posts

Back