Virginia Mountains or Texas hill country BOL?

Prepper & Survivalism Forum

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

Proud Prepper

A True Doomsday Prepper
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
With respect DrHenley,
What is the largest yield that the enemy (pick anyone, we have plenty to choose from these days...) that the enemy would use in a specific nuke target here in America?
I hope you reply, I am curious to hear your thoughts.
Many thanks,
Erqueen75:USA:
Tsar bomba, 50Mt

backandbeyond

Reaction score
What is the largest yield that the enemy (pick anyone, we have plenty to choose from these days...) that the enemy would use in a specific nuke target here in America?
I believe 500kT is the sweet spot, big enough to kill or main everyone in a major city and it's inner ring. Anything beyond that would just be a waste of payload better spent on another target. Researching what is actually deployed out there would be a waste of time too because the truth would in no wise be in the public domain. Nations agreed on paper to reduce warhead yield and numbers carried but that's just paper promises. If I had a nuclear sub patrolling the oceans I know what I'd pack in it's missiles, every last kT I could squeeze in.

You can play with this site to get a feel for it. NUKEMAP by Alex Wellerstein Hiroshima was about 15kT.

Here is a good read too The Nuclear Weapon Archive - A Guide to Nuclear Weapons :D

EastenerWesterner

God Like
Reaction score
In this order: our nuclear launch facilities, communications facilities (command and control), manufacturing centers (Detroit is a dead man walking).
Respectfully beg to differ, Launch yes. Communication and tech 2nd, Fuel and pipelines 3, then manufacturing.

I grew up in a manufacturing and was a tech hub and we were #9 as quoted by teachers for civil defense drills. The rise of Silicon Valley and the downfall of such players as EK, X, B and L, have changed the target list.

Dracos

God Like
VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
1/2 megaton is nothing to sneeze at. I am not on the list of people that Russia informs about their targets and end games. I have heard stories about robot submarines that can park off our east and west coasts with large warheads that can cause huge waves Kind of a sore looser, Got you last, way of thinking. Its good to know that an invisible magician would never let that happen.