Vintage smell?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy98

Reaction score
I recently bought an issued army bag to use as my BOB, it's durable, big, is waterproof and has plenty of pockets. Perfect, right?

Not really. It STINKS! A very old, used, vintage smell.

Should I just throw it in the washing machine it would this badly damage it? If by then how can I remove the smell?

Many thanks!

put an open box of baking soda in it and seal it up over night it should draw out the odor . if this doesnt work washing it in cold water should be fine just do not dry it ! let it air dry because if it has any nylon parts or plastic parts those could be damaged by the heat.

put an open box of baking soda in it and seal it up over night it should draw out the odor . if this doesnt work washing it in cold water should be fine just do not dry it ! let it air dry because if it has any nylon parts or plastic parts those could be damaged by the heat.

Thanks, i'll try that!

Try vinegar and water, it works well for mold. Run your washer til it fills and put your ruck in,use a cup of white vinegar and it will be good to go.

i think thier called rucksacks on acount of whats normally carryed in them.but what the hay..if thier put to good use.why not rucksack..lol

Latest posts

Back