Must Read Very high risk of bad weather on April 26

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Bob

God Like
Reaction score
All that live in the plains and Midwest. I just spent the day on the Norman Weather conference call. As always the meteorologist that work to forecast the weather are amazing, so kudos to those that do that job that forwarn us of bad weather.

If you do not have cable or Satellite, the probability of severe weather is very high starting along a line running west of Vernon, Texas eastward and up through Plains...Oklahoma, Kansas, and Nebraska, and all states west...prepare for some really interesting weather with high hail, possible tornadoes.

Friday's forecast is sitting up quite the same on the model. If I wasn't working tomorrow, I would be out chasing storms. Anyway, please be safe and take the proper precautions.

If you are unsure. I have attached the below link to get you to the Norman Weather Office.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/oun/

Welcome to tornado season folks, do you have your storm kits ready?

my mom had heard something on tv about that..we're suppose to get sever rains/thunderstorm on Wednesday morning.

pluss she they said on tv..there were 7 tornadoes in east Texas in 2014.then jumped up to 27 in 2015..

my mom had heard something on tv about that..we're suppose to get sever rains/thunderstorm on Wednesday morning.

pluss she they said on tv..there were 7 tornadoes in east Texas in 2014.then jumped up to 27 in 2015..

If you look at the Norman Website, Jim, pretty much is a slot shot prediction. Hard part is where the dry line sets up over North Texas, the junction of both the weather from the West and the Southern moisture from the Gulf will fuel the elevation of the lift, I saw where we were sitting on 60 percent humidity and moving up...not good because that type of lift is meaning that Oklahoma and Kansas will get the crap knocked out of them. Hard part is where you live and east Louisiana, Arkansas and Mississippi, computer models from Norman don't predict that far East, but based on this data, typically, if we get it, your next...granted I saw the model that reflects a lower chance for you all down SE. So who knows flip a coin. I've never been able to do my rain dance and predict it. I am better at predicting the slower moving cells we had a few weeks ago that dumped 8 inches in Oklahoma. Now that was fun, just steady rain.

Take care Jim...ran through my checklists, got the generator tested and the bunker batteries are all charged. Gear is all packed away and each vehicle is fueled, packed with gear. Radios are all green...so even thought we might not be hit at all, this counts as my tornado exercise for the year. Even have the daughter going through her procedures even though out West, its not going to get any rain...she checked her BOB and batteries in her flashlights, etc.

Son has his EDC and school packed with essentials. Wife's office has all her gear, but she actually goes into the bank vault they have...very tornado proof.

Be safe all

yeah.it is difficult to tell exactly what will happen,and where..and thats why i keep tabs on things when we have a storm moving in..and of course,i do that by watching live radar,and the 2 whether channels..and then there's my am/fm/ weather radio for when the tv and pc aren't getting any signal..in which i keep the radio plugged into a usb port or electric outlet just to keep it charged up,for any possible outages..

i remember reading that Oklahoma and Kansas is gonna get hard.and it seems like another state as well.but not sure..my only issue right now.is the live radar that i normally watch,is off the air..so i guess i need to find a diff one..

P.S. edit

Tonight, a dry line and strong cold front will begin to work it's way into East Texas from the west. Storms will fire up to our west near the DFW Metroplex and move towards East Texas tonight. The main time frame for storms at this time seem to be between 11pm and 7am, give or take an hour or two. Severe weather looks likely just to our west, and as those storms move east, a few of them could remain strong to severe during the overnight hours here. The main threats would be damaging winds, large hail, and an isolated tornado or two. Remain weather alert tonight, and make sure you have a plan in place in the event severe weather pays you and your neighborhood a visit.

Storms should be moving out of the area early Wednesday morning, followed by some afternoon clearing. Highs will still warm into the 80s behind the front. Thursday will start off with plenty of sunshine, before clouds begin to increase by Thursday afternoon. Highs should still warm into the low to mid 80s.

Clouds will begin to thicken Thursday night, and the chance for scattered showers and storms will return by early Friday morning. Scattered showers and storms (some possibly strong to severe) will move into East Texas during the day. Highs will warm near 80.

A front will stall across the area bringing another period of storms and potential for heavy rainfall on Saturday and early Sunday, before finally clearing out by next Monday (briefly) with temps cooling back down into the low 70s for highs. Another big rain maker looks to be in the cards by next week.

Didn't have any tornados here but we did get some wind. This tree is near our house site and is over 6' in diameter.
image.jpg

well.everything is charged,that needs charging..i have blue ice and 3-1 gallon jugs,1-1/2 gallon jug and some 20 ounce bottles with water in them,all in the freezer..and for those that are wondering.(if any)..thats just in case the electric goes off..

Latest posts

Back