vacuum sealing food

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

booter360

Reaction score
Thinking of getting a vacuum sealer, to help with storing jerkey and dried fruit. Anyone have one they would suggest?

Thinking of getting a vacuum sealer, to help with storing jerkey and dried fruit. Anyone have one they would suggest?
I have the seal a meal, and like it a lot. I have meat that has been in the freezer for a year with no burn. They totally work . Good topic 360

I have never used a dehydrator for jerky...I have always done the baking method! Is the dehydrator easier or what brand do you recommend me trying?

I have a small Seal-a-Meal and I am in the market for a large one. I have been scanning Craigslist to pick up one CHEAP. I can't do full price. The nice thing about Craigslist is I can hold it and inspect it before I hand over my cash.

Will the food savers seal retort bags?

The Foodsaver needs channel bags with grooves running vertically thru the bag to let the air out. To evac the air from retort bags you need a chamber vac (or perhaps a nozzle vac device). It might seal them, but they can't suck the air out. They're very thick with a metalized layer. Sorry

Person who post an ad was a total fraud. He ended up scamming a bunch of people.

I really want to get one, but lately, haven't had many leftovers.

I really want to get one, but lately, haven't had many leftovers.
I put up quick chocolate powders along with pancake mix, pinto beans, rice, & sugar. Found all the canning jars i need yesterday at Bed Bath & beyond first time in there they got neat stuff.

Latest posts

Back