Vaccines

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuietH3art

Reaction score
Who is up to date on their tetanus vaccinations? Flu vaccines? Anyone have the pneumococcal vaccine? As part of prepping, get your vaccines. If SHTF in any number of ways, disease is going to become an issue. So many can currently be prevented. Take advantage of it while you still can.

They can be a mixed bag though. I'll never get a flu vaccine. Had it once, and it gave me a mild flu all season. I'd much rather have it full blown for a few days and be done with it.
Makes sense though, when you consider the vaccine is just weak and dead cells of the virus, mostly. I'm always up on my tetanus one though...I encounter a lot of rusted metal.

I have COPD, asthma and allergies and prior to getting the pneumococcol vaccine, when I would get a cold, it would quickly turn into pneumonia or bronchitis. After getting the vaccine, my colds are just colds now. It is a one-time only vaccine that is to prevent secondary bacterial infections and in my case, it works. I also get the flu vaccine every year as every year it is different and I've never had a bad reaction to it. With so many varieties of flu out there, I am hedging my bets that having all these other flu vaccines in me may prevent me from succumbing to the worst varieties.

But think about a world without electricity, refrigeration, possibly a whole lot of dead bodies and the possibilities for disease becomes endless. If there is a vaccine that you can get, you'd be wise to CYA now.

Who is up to date on their tetanus vaccinations? Flu vaccines? Anyone have the pneumococcal vaccine? As part of prepping, get your vaccines. If SHTF in any number of ways, disease is going to become an issue. So many can currently be prevented. Take advantage of it while you still can.
I MAKE SURE I am up on everything. I cannot affored not to be, I am high risk. Currently finding out when the VAMC is giving out flu shots. I really think that when the SHTF, disease will come back and those who didn't heed the warning aren't going to be here too long, sorry to say.
GREAT Post. I'm gald you brought this up. Excellent !

Im with Gazrok on this one. I dont want to get a flu shot (its last year's strains, not the new mutated strains for this year) simply because I dont need it. I think cleanliness (hand washing, bathing, clean clothing, etc) is going to avail me far better than the flu shot. That being said, there are other vaccines that I would get in the blink of an eye like tetanus and the rabies vaccines. Since Im going to go into the medical field Im going to be getting a lot of shots eventually. :)

Latest posts

Back