Helpful Info. Using And Storing Your Clean Sip

Prepper & Survivalism Forum

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

Clean Sip

Approved DPF Vendor
DPF Vendor
Reaction score
I have been asked about using and storing the Clean Sip Straw so I thought I would post a quick message about that.

1. How do I store it, and what happens if it dries out?
If you let it dry out, all you need to do is re-activate it. (Let water sit in it for two minutes). If you keep it wet, it will last longer.

2. The draw is a little slow, is this normal?
Yes, it does have a slow flow and that is something to get used to. Remember it is Clean Sip, not Clean Gulp.

3. Will it [Clean Sip Straw] eliminate all of the bad taste?
The carbon filter near the top does condition the water for taste. Improves it by 70-80%. Taste is very sensitive though. Taste buds can detect taste down to parts per billion.

Should anyone have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask!

Brent S

Top Poster
Reaction score
I have been asked about using and storing the Clean Sip Straw so I thought I would post a quick message about that.

If you let it dry out, all you need to do is re-activate it. (Let water sit in it for two minutes). If you keep it wet, it will last longer.

Yes, it does have a slow flow and that is something to get used to. Remember it is Clean Sip, not Clean Gulp.

The carbon filter near the top does condition the water for taste. Improves it by 70-80%. Taste is very sensitive though. Taste buds can detect taste down to parts per billion.

Is it safe to drink from a pond or creek with this?

Brent S

Top Poster
Reaction score

Still looking for an answer to the pond or stream question.

Clean Sip

Approved DPF Vendor
DPF Vendor
Reaction score
Is it safe to drink from a pond or creek with this?
Good day to you.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
In answer to your question;

It is good for any fresh water source. Handles Cryptosporidium, E-Coli, Giardia, Salmonella, algae, fungus, mold, mildew, scale & sediment in addition to the heavy metals.
It can be used in stagnate water.

Brent S

Top Poster
Reaction score
Good day to you.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
In answer to your question;

It is good for any fresh water source. Handles Cryptosporidium, E-Coli, Giardia, Salmonella, algae, fungus, mold, mildew, scale & sediment in addition to the heavy metals.
It can be used in stagnate water.
Awesome, thanks for the info. I'm not planning to use the two I got, one is in the ghb that's kept in the car, and the other is in the bob. The bob also has a berkey filter that does about a gallon at a time. I'm almost ashamed it took me so long for a redundancy system for something as important as water. Of course you always have the option of boiling, bleach or other sanitizers, but having something to use quickly and quietly is wise.

Latest posts