US sniper attack on Californian power supplies

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Earth

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
This should be a wake up call to all serious preppers to ensure that have sufficient suitable emergency power , heat and light supplies. I don't for one minute think it was a foreign attack on the US, the domestic gun culture within the US is far more likely to be the cause. But causal factors are not something preppers can focus much time on, its how to react to a newly perceived threat that is important.

If your in the UK and the floods or idiot vandals or cable thieves take out the sub stations, or your in the US and this weeks current nutjob shoots up a sub station instead of a school or unarmed black kid, you need to have a contingency plan in place.
Maybe a back up genny, but at least candles and lanterns, light sticks, off grid cooking and heating gear etc.
http://news.sky.com/story/1212287/us-power-grid-attack-sparks-fears-of-blackout

This should be a wake up call to all serious preppers to ensure that have sufficient suitable emergency power , heat and light supplies. I don't for one minute think it was a foreign attack on the US, the domestic gun culture within the US is far more likely to be the cause. But causal factors are not something preppers can focus much time on, its how to react to a newly perceived threat that is important.

If your in the UK and the floods or idiot vandals or cable thieves take out the sub stations, or your in the US and this weeks current nutjob shoots up a sub station instead of a school or unarmed black kid, you need to have a contingency plan in place.
Maybe a back up genny, but at least candles and lanterns, light sticks, off grid cooking and heating gear etc.
http://news.sky.com/story/1212287/us-power-grid-attack-sparks-fears-of-blackout
I saw the report on the news showing the security camera footage. It was probably some drunk rednecks, and luckily it didn't shut down the grid there. It does show how vulnerable our grid is though. I agree that a backup plan is wise, after all that's what prepping is all about!

the recent storms and flooding in the UK have shown, if anyone needed proof, just how frail the power system is, I don't suppose it will occur to any "joe public" to get in any alternative supplies, they will just continue to moan "whats the govt going to do about it" as if putting you and your family's survival in the hands of politicians is the right thing to do!! which we know different, don't we?? but do sheeple ever listen? that's why their sheeple-right??

The power system is very vunerable 2 kids playing out here in the rural area where I live threw eggs at the top of a tranfomer on top of a power pole and shorted out somthing on it and put the road they live on in a power outage for a couple od days .

We have a problem in the UK with Gypseys and travellers often from Eire who steal copper cable from sub stations, phone boxes and railway signalling eqiuipment, though I'm delighted to report that very often they kill themselves when they try to hack though cables carrying 11,000 volts.

Latest posts

Back