Helpful Info. US Military Field Phones - SurvivalBlog by Michigan Ken

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Illini Warrior

Demi-God
Banned
Reaction score
"If you are looking for a secure communication system for your farm, ranch, or retreat, then look into a military phone system. You can create an ideal communication system, any size, from two positions overnight to multiple positions in a large permanent retreat."

good compiled tech info & advice that you usually don't see outside the military tech manuals >>>>

https://survivalblog.com/2021/04/02/u-s-military-field-phones-ken-michigan/

Hardwired phones? If I were to run a wire between buildings, I would use a single fiber optic strand. In fact, If I were doing any type of on-site communications, I would consider a cave radio system using electromagnetic fields in the audio frequency range. If one wanted to communicate a couple miles without using RF, a few laser pointers modulated with audio (easy) would do the trick (Starlink sats also talk to each other with lasers fyi). You wouldnt even need lasers with fiber optic though, LED bulbs from a flashlight or christmas tree would work, even for the sensor. LED lights of the same color can be used to pick up the signal from the active one, so there's no need for fancy photo transistors.

Realistically though, if you are close enough to run any wire, you can use RF with little risk of detection as the power levels would be so low (sub mW if you know what you are doing), nobody would find it. The day the world goes "radio dark" is the day a satellite or drone pass-over will be the first stage in finding human activity. Unless you know where the underwater servers are sitting 200 feet below the ocean surface, you won't be erasing google satellite photos any time soon. There will be so much RF come that day that you'll have bigger problems to consider.

But with the phones... Thrift shop and a 9v battery. When I was a kid, a telephone company employee (friend of my dad) showed us how to make a simple set of telephones usable off the phone grid. No need to find special phones if all you want is a private land line between 2 points, I had that in my bedroom (to my brothers room) when I was 5.

Latest posts

Back