US - Cabinet level visit to Taiwan - first time since 1979 - china furious and threatening

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it only made a blurb back in 2017 - but newly inaugurated Prez Trump took a call from the Taiwanese president >>> first official US recognition by a US prez in like 40 years - Prez Trump took the State Department flak over it from Floor #5 >>> first fight with the "professional" diplomates ....

it only made a blurb back in 2017 - but newly inaugurated Prez Trump took a call from the Taiwanese president >>> first official US recognition by a US prez in like 40 years - Prez Trump took the State Department flak over it from Floor #5 >>> first fight with the "professional" diplomates ....

I would love to see the day that the President makes an official visit to Taiwan along with Prime Minister Shinzō Abe from Japan, this would be the biggest 'go to hell' message conveyed!

China certainly biting off more than it can chew, I think (at least hope) the world is seeing china for what it is. I don't think china will have any sympathy from the world if they attacks Taiwan will maybe north korea and iran

Now china has become more vocal about claiming the russian port city of Vladivostok, in return, russia stopped the sell of munitions to china.

https://tfipost.com/2020/07/this-is...russias-vladivostok-as-part-of-its-territory/
Now African countries starting to push back against china's aggressive demands.

Now it looks like china's companies may be delisted from the NYSE and Nasdaq with bipartisan support

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrap...a-companies-off-the-nyse-nasdaq/#2f0ce3843fe0

Last edited:
Don’t know how to insert quote but this refers to the article Maverick posted. China insinuates that there is an ‘independence’ group in Taiwan, makes it sound insignificant. I worked in Taipei for a year and travelled the country. Everyone I spoke with hates China, they tried to stamp out Taiwanese culture completely. There are obviously a lot of Chinese there too, the reason being they want nothing to do with China.

My wife is from Taiwan. Politically some people in Taiwan don't like being called "Chinese" but 95% of the population of Taiwan are ethnically Han Chinese. And yes all of those Han Chinese are in Taiwan because they want nothing to do with Communist China.

There are four main groups of people in Taiwan:
Hoklo - from southern Fujian Province on the Mainland. In Taiwan, when you say someone is "Taiwanese" you are referring to the Hoklo. They are the ones that don't like being called "Chinese" even though they are ethnically Han Chinese. The Taiwanese language is called "Taiwanese Hokkien". It is mutually intelligible with the Amoy, Quanzhou and Zhangzhou dialects of southern Fujian province on the mainland.
Hakka - Originally from northern China but were scattered to various provinces centuries ago by political upheavals. My wife is Hakka. Hakka are generally proud to be called Chinese (historically and ethnically, not politically). My wife's parents spoke two different Hakka dialects that were not mutually intelligible, so they spoke Japanese to each other.
Mandarin - from various provinces in China that came over with Chiang Kai Shek after World War II. For a long time the Kuomintang was the ruling party in Taiwan and they were mostly Mandarin, but the Hakka were aligned with them politically.
Mountain People - Indigenous peoples.

Everyone I spoke with hates China, they tried to stamp out Taiwanese culture completely. There are obviously a lot of Chinese there too, the reason being they want nothing to do with China.
I worked in and traveled to many Asian country's, including parts of China, and that was the message that I heard from everyone that I met.
One thing that I found interesting was when I was in Mongolia, which has an average annual income of something like less that $1000 per year, most companies hired Chinese workers. Because they worked for even less than the local Mongols.

I would love to see the day that the President makes an official visit to Taiwan along with Prime Minister Shinzō Abe from Japan, this would be the biggest 'go to hell' message conveyed!

I think this visit by the US Health Secretary is a trial balloon >>> set the stage for a US Prez visit in the future - maybe Trump in 2021-22??

alot depends on how pissy China gets - if they renege on their trade deal I'd expect more negative policy directed >>> the South China Sea issue will be coming full circle again - been back burnered because of the Virus - that could actually go hot !!!

lost now to history revisionism - on Obammy's first official China visit - the Chinese couldn't find a jet stairway to deplane AF One - !!!!!!! imagine that >>> had Obammy deplane thru the rear door - like an Alabama plantation cotton picker - the Chinese try any BS crap like that with Trump and Taiwan gets an impromptu US Presidential guest visit ....

The problem within the Trump administration is that Bubba Trump is neither a statesman, nor a strategic thinker. This is all theatre which will do nothing in the long term, and wear thin what little political capital there is left between China and the US. There's better ways to play the game, but Agent Orange isn't heeding the experts..

There's better ways to play the game,
As in kowtowing to the Chicoms like Obama? No thanks.

For all of Obama's deference to the Chicoms, they had no respect at all for Obama. They showed it in ways only a Chinese would understand. So he had no idea they were dissing him to his face.
My wife, who is Chinese explained them to me.

Don’t know how to insert quote but this refers to the article Maverick posted. China insinuates that there is an ‘independence’ group in Taiwan, makes it sound insignificant. I worked in Taipei for a year and travelled the country. Everyone I spoke with hates China, they tried to stamp out Taiwanese culture completely. There are obviously a lot of Chinese there too, the reason being they want nothing to do with China.

We did a surv

We did an evaluation of survivability on Kaoshung harbor in the event of a Chinese strke...all I can say is, it's one of several key targets that are at the top of the list.....

As in kowtowing to the Chicoms like Obama? No thanks.

For all of Obama's deference to the Chicoms, they had no respect at all for Obama. They showed it in ways only a Chinese would understand. So he had no idea they were dissing him to his face.
My wife, who is Chinese explained them to me.
Kowtowing!!!! lol. Not even close

Looks as if we have a full blooded china apologist in our ranks.
Nope....just far better informed on how to counter China. All I'm seeing is BS and ranting. And, as it stands, I've no longer interested in sharing those counter solutions to a pack of checker players.

Latest posts

Back