Urban and Rural benefits of Eye Protection

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Earth

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Urban and Rural benefits of Eye Protection
Eye Protection

Apparently in some northern US cities and equally in some southern European cities but spreading as time

goes by is the habit of street hustlers, muggers, robbers etc to either throw something like sand, soil, grit,

dirt, pepper, salt etc or squirt liquids sometimes urine, brine, fizzy drinks, and at times even acidic stuff into

the faces of their intended victims thus making mugging them far easier.

So this once again pushes EYE protection to the fore, I still strongly recommend preppers in urban

areas with any sort of crime issues to wear POLARISED shades or Eye glasses with shatterproof lenses even

if they are just plain non-prescription lenses.

Over the years and especially in the army I found that polarised eye glasses (script in my case because I

was slightly short sighted) really enhanced my visual perceptions of the environment around me IE I picked

up on detail, or movement or unusual unnatural shape much better with polarised lenses removing much

of the ""Clutter"" for want of a better or more accurate term.

Threat detection

I was reminded of this only a few minutes ago as I walked the were-terrier in bright sunlight through

breezy rustling trees at the edge of the village, the moment I put on my shades I detected two youngsters

with air rifles walking in and out of the distant hedgerow some 150 yards away and one of them was

wearing a DPM jacket. (Local Bunnie bashers).

For Driving the huge benefits of anti - glare coatings and polarised lenses is already very well documented

and proven, the reduction of glare and reflection from streets lights, and vehicle lights especially if it’s

raining or the sun is low is truly impressive.

URBAN movement

Equally the benefits of tinted / polarised anti - glare coatings in city streets during the day are huge as the

sun reflecting of a myriad of surfaces (buildings, shop windows, vehicles, street lights etc) is often painful

to some folks, if its damp or showery the affects can be even worse, and of course multiple bright

reflections distract you from what is lurking in the shadows.

EVAC ADVANTAGE

And of course the extra benefits of eye protection when bugging out is already clear, be you evacuating a

damaged or burning building, avoiding the dust cloud from collapsed structures, avoiding the effects of

pepper or CS spray from over exited riot cops squirting the stuff with gay abandon etc

To hell with your vanity please consider carrying a decent pair of shades with your EDC gear.

Latest posts

Back