updated nuclear targets

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grayghost668

A True Doomsday Prepper
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.businessinsider.com/likely-us-nuclear-targets-2017-5

us nuke targets.png

Totally inconclusive, many more first strike targets not listed on the map such as Naval Base San Diego the homeport of the Pacific Fleet and Naval Station Norfolk home of the Atlantic Fleet, both bases have structured command and control nor is McCorde AFB Western Air Defense Sector (WADS) part of NORADs Western Region here in Washington nor is the California ICBM silos and mobile launchers at Vandenberg AFB. These are all first strike targets and the list is long unfortunately and not counting secondary targets.

Looks like an keyboard general put this map together and more along the lines of wishful thinking, the first strike is going to be massive and not at a select few targets as the map is portraying, no one is going fire a handful of nukes at a country such as the US, Russia or China it will be a full bolt attack to limit air sea and land response thus we have entered MAD.

And only one target in Alaska? That is way off :-/

Last edited:
just wonder if there are any targets here,"important" enough to be handed a nuke or two??
any ideas where I might find out it?? just so I could go aaaaaaaaaaaargh with my mind :)

Lol it doesn’t have any California targets?! That’s what tells me this map is way off!
man I did not even notice that,,,all I cared about was Arkansas,,,I did some checking and at least my state is accurate ,,,,,,

all the Nuclear target maps are either out of date or lacking information,,,I searched for Military bases and nuclear reactors in my state I would suggest everyone do the same

No way to know for sure who or what would get hit....targeting is one thing, actually being able to get missile on target is something else....I would guess that if 25% of the targets in U.S. were hit that would be considered a victory.....I would also guess our hits would be 50% or more making someone pay a heavy price....I don't think it will ever happen, but nothing is impossible...

There are some declassified Soviet war plans from exercises on the CIA.gov website, gives one an idea of their targeting strategy (at least during the Cold War years). Primary NATO targets were Pershing, Lance, and GLCM sites and support bases, airbases and depots which stored nuclear weapons, command and control facilities, Army depots, kasernes with large numbers of troops/armor, and lastly large cities. Other targets included conventional storage sites, HAWK, Nike Hercules, and Honest John batteries, and so on. Many high priority targets would have been attacked by Spetsnaz and Warsaw Pact special operations forces prior to the outbreak of war (such as seat of government, VIP's, military leadership). The Soviets had man portable atomic demolitions similar to the US B54 SADM (one is pictured on a Russian atomic museum website), not to mention a wide variety of chemical and biological agents.

I was active duty Pershing from '78 to '85. All that was 35 years ago. Those targets no longer exist. Those type of weapons are not the preferred attack weapons any more. Russia has scratched up the old German coal dust bomb idea, refurbished it into a aerosol bomb idea and tested it already. Instead of just dropping big bomb somewhere and letting the explosives do a job, the Germans had a preliminary external skin which would be blown open, spread a cloud of coal dust in which the explosives could detonate and increase the effect of the explosion manifold. Now the Russians have built an aerosol bomb in the same manner but using an aerosol like a deodorant or hairspray to create and explosive atmosphere in which the newest explosives with a detonation rate of over 9000 meters in the second (m/s) They don't need atomic bombs anymore. The destruction comes from the shock wave and their troops can march in immediately without any fallout. These bombs are capable of burning all of the oxygen in the air, in foxholes, inside of caves and even inside your lungs. You cannot hide from them in a bunker or a cave anymore...if you do and/or did survive the immediate explosion, the vacuume produced from the shock wave, creates a drop in the atmospheric pressure which will bring your lungs to expand and burst if you just inhaled or your blood to boil from the sudden drop of pressure, somewhat like divers sickness when the nitrogen bubbles in your blood cannot get out fast enough and it kills you. Don't worry about the atom bombs, they want to be able to march in and still use the infrastructure of any occupied land. An EMP or worse awaits the unprepared...Even though I know more, I will let it go a this, and, I will still plant a garden and apple trees. Nature will overcome especially when we are long gone...I stay optimist...GP

I was active duty Pershing from '78 to '85. All that was 35 years ago. Those targets no longer exist. Those type of weapons are not the preferred attack weapons any more. Russia has scratched up the old German coal dust bomb idea, refurbished it into a aerosol bomb idea and tested it already. Instead of just dropping big bomb somewhere and letting the explosives do a job, the Germans had a preliminary external skin which would be blown open, spread a cloud of coal dust in which the explosives could detonate and increase the effect of the explosion manifold. Now the Russians have built an aerosol bomb in the same manner but using an aerosol like a deodorant or hairspray to create and explosive atmosphere in which the newest explosives with a detonation rate of over 9000 meters in the second (m/s) They don't need atomic bombs anymore. The destruction comes from the shock wave and their troops can march in immediately without any fallout. These bombs are capable of burning all of the oxygen in the air, in foxholes, inside of caves and even inside your lungs. You cannot hide from them in a bunker or a cave anymore...if you do and/or did survive the immediate explosion, the vacuume produced from the shock wave, creates a drop in the atmospheric pressure which will bring your lungs to expand and burst if you just inhaled or your blood to boil from the sudden drop of pressure, somewhat like divers sickness when the nitrogen bubbles in your blood cannot get out fast enough and it kills you. Don't worry about the atom bombs, they want to be able to march in and still use the infrastructure of any occupied land. An EMP or worse awaits the unprepared...Even though I know more, I will let it go a this, and, I will still plant a garden and apple trees. Nature will overcome especially when we are long gone...I stay optimist...GP
Damn, that just made an allready depressing day a heck of a lot worse! Lol... seriously, don’t worry about anything. Whatever is going to happen will happen and all you can do is duck and weave the best you can in life. In the end though something is going to kill you eventually. Just live each day and make the best of it.

Latest posts

Back