United Nations warns of possibly food shortages in NEAR future

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm going to be long gone and just a memory if that before humanity gets to the hollywood version of the mad max life on planet earth. Yes, there will be pockets of troubled areas and locations we don't want to be in (cities) We aren't Africa certainly not Somalia besides, the US is a very large country.

The biggest issue we face as far as food supply besides the shrinking farm lands is the desertification creeping from the Southwest to the Midwest. As preppers renewable food sources such as gardening is paramount, if you have a family that relies on you don't buy in to the lone wolf fantasy thing as I once use to believe. It takes help as I found out in spades, shxt creeps on you without warning and it hits hard especially the older you get, I don't give a damn how good of health you are in. Yes you need to protect what you have, if it means food or firearm pick food. Always always prioritize, don't confuse the needs with wants especially if income is limited, you also got to be honest with yourself and your situation, prepping for any hardship is the one thing you fully control it goes back to needs Vs wants.

You cannot survive on cup of noodles indefinitely learn to prepare food from scratch!

People(World Officials), need to realize that most of the problems we are facing globally, and at home, are caused by Human Overpopulation! But yet no one ever suggests it! Global Warming in my opinion is mostly caused by deforestation, building and so on! When they clear land to make a subdivision, you are losing trees that produce Oxygen, which we need to breathe and they consume carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide that are harmful to us. Then they lose the canopy the trees provided to cool the land and when it's all done, you have concrete, asphalt and shingles to warm/heat the land! With this happening World Wide, no wonder the planets temperature is going up! Of course this is My opinion and opinions are like azzholes, everybody has one and they all stink! :p

Well, first of all I'd say we have reached TEOTWAWKI months ago. The world we knew in January is no more. But you are talking about WROL (Without rule of law).
There will always be judges in one form or another. Stone age men had no history of law and order, but if it gets to WROL, people will remember what law and order were and will appoint judges if there is no government to appoint them.

We have precedents even in this country. If you can get your hands on a copy of the book about the life of Holt Collier, read it. Shortly after the Civil War, there were rural parts of the South that were without any rule of law, with marauding Union soldiers pillaging peoples homes (with the approval and even encouragement of their officers) and no law to stop them...they were the "law." Collier was a member of a group of vigilantes called the "Delta Rangers" that meted out justice to the marauders.

BTW, Collier was black...
I think there is a misconception. History is always written by the winners. They are always keen to smeer negative attributes to the defeated and put the same acts, done by both sides, in a glory shining for themself. In the sample above, the Delta-Rangers were a part of a society to be stabilized by eliminating all tribal rulings (Indians, civil war left overs, gangs etc.). But we are preparing for a living when a society is broken. In such an environment, the Delta Ranger would not be more than another tribe among others fighting for survival. Differently to the stone age, the current ressources would belong to somebody and we have to fight from the beginning for that.
Stockpiling of ressources gives us only some time for two issues. Buying time to wait, if the society rebounce and we can live again more or less as we want to. (IF not, having some time to decide to take the last bullet). Or use the ressources to hunt and maraude more patient and structured than the desperate unprepared.

Last edited:
Good morning all. Thanks to those who saw that a bit of clearing up was needed on a certain statement. Thanks for the clarifying of the statement.
Remember everybody, we are preparing for "The Unknown"...
Hollywood has twisted the truth and plays with our "truths" constantly.
Wolves have NEVER been known to attack humans and shark attacks will never be more dangerous to the general public as compared to walking through Central Park or LA alone at night...
Mad Max and Waterworld were only films...
The Civil War and the Spanish Plague WERE REAL: as is the CoVid 19 virus.
We can only prepare for that which we think would be happening IF IF IF.
Get you food, water, clothing, commo, ammo and whatever together. Keep it clean, dry, oiled, practiced and usable. Hope for the best but expect the worst. Know your way out if mauraders come. Know who to trust and BE ABLE AND READY TO KILL THE OTHERS, in order to protect those you love more than those who would harm the ones you love. Hate NO-ONE.
The reason we have so many problems, is that each generation promotes the HATE of the SOMEONE else who is not just like themselves. Love that which you know is right, despise that which your heart tells you is wrong. Accept that the rest of the world is DIFFERENT than you and does not always understand why you think a certain way. Another reason I have few friends, I do not have to explain why I think so or so, who I am or even tell them my name. I have my knowledge, my preps, my family and my way of life.
BUT, THESE ARE MY ANSWERS. YOU HAVE TO FIND YOUR OWN ANSWERS AND TRUTHS.
Allow the rest of the world to have the same freedoms and different ways of living that you yourself wish and hope for. We all have a free will, my free will is to be different than all of you.
Keep your free will: FREE. Free from hate, jealousy, rage or wanton hurt to others. If you do not keep your FREEwill, Free; then you are already just another clone and a slave to your bad wishes.
LIVE FREE!!! Gary

Latest posts

Back