Unique Trade Goods

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone counting on an overnight collapse will probably be disappointed. Short of a carrington event the government has good control and will be able to keep the drones fed and housed. You only have to look at any nation around the third world to see that. the average worker bee will comply.

The survivalist DOOM fantasy is certainly reassuring as far as all the money we spend on preps, it's like we have a vested interest that the collapse will be over in a week lol.

I doubt TEOTWAWKI even after a limited nuke war - but - a period of total nationwide chaos in some of these Western civilized countries - ABSOLUTELY ...

the US came damn close several times in the last few years >> with the police defunding & absurd persecutions - racial & social climate - bigoted DOJ & FED courts - castrated SCOTUS and TOTALLY insane prez & puppet handlers >>> NOW more than ever we could have a year eazily of murder & mayhem that will kill MILLIONS ...

believe in the Boogy Man - he exists in man ...

Some people are looking too short term when it comes to trading. In some areas trading will begin almost immediately. Some locations trading may not start for a couple years or more after SHTF. But its guaranteed that trading will become widespread eventually. Trading could be in the form of labor, dried meat/fish, berries, fruit, ammo, fur/leather products, fish hooks, fire wood, chickens, eggs, livestock, medical and countless other things.
Society will be rebuilt. In what form? No one knows for sure.

After reading some of the news about the drought in CA and the West in general, I expect a number of towns and cities to become ghost towns as without water, no one will stay there.

Anyone counting on an overnight collapse will probably be disappointed. Short of a carrington event the government has good control and will be able to keep the drones fed and housed. You only have to look at any nation around the third world to see that. the average worker bee will comply.

The survivalist DOOM fantasy is certainly reassuring as far as all the money we spend on preps, it's like we have a vested interest that the collapse will be over in a week lol.

I spent a year in Afghanistan, the third world of third worlds.
Does not matter what law was passed in Kabul, the locals did what did for them the best.
They only went along with some of the laws because we were paying them too.
Or superior firepower. But we still lost.

A CME generally takes three or more days to reach Earth. The Carrington event took about 18 hours as the path was cleared by a previous CME. We have a number of agencies (universities too) monitoring space weather and would have advance notice.
Other countries do too.

I doubt TEOTWAWKI even after a limited nuke war - but - a period of total nationwide chaos in some of these Western civilized countries - ABSOLUTELY ...

the US came damn close several times in the last few years >> with the police defunding & absurd persecutions

Yes, I watched all that unfold, very interesting indeed. I couldn't help thinking, after the fact, that it was scripted in many places. I recall one event where the blm's etc marched on the Mayors home, in that gated estate. There was a massive police response to that and the protestors quickly backed down and retreated. It was like the government was happy to have them destroy the shops in their own 'Hood' but not in whitees area.

I agree with you though, if that was the case, if it all was orchestrated, it's a fine edge they ride. It wouldn't take much to tip the balance and you'd have the LA riots all over again, but on a much larger scale. Perhaps the authorities were trying to defuse matters 'before' they got to that level. Sort of like a pressure release valve. Let the unruly minorities think they are getting what they want, but in a controlled environment? After a week or three, their energies spent and their living rooms full of stolen TV's and Nike apparel they simply disbanded.

they might give advance warning but cant stop it happening.
prepare,prepare,prepare.

Too true. I hope for better outcomes but always prepare for the worst. It's easy to do that here in Oz, we have a social structure that doesn't include violent rebellion.

A CME generally takes three or more days to reach Earth. The Carrington event took about 18 hours as the path was cleared by a previous CME. We have a number of agencies (universities too) monitoring space weather and would have advance notice.
Other countries do too.

Personally I think that might be the greatest threat to civilization. It's certainly a modern civilization buster and apparently a hell of a lot more common than asteroid strikes. Our western civilization is so fragile, in many respects.

my part of it is! cant say the same for the big cities but they are located in the East and North not the South West ,where I live is a low population agricultural area. I've already been told I live "in the middle of nowhere" .
WTSHTF it will just be a matter of time for the die off to start, days and weeks not months.
any trading or community will be many years down the line probably several decades and rebuilding society even if it is possible will come after that if it happens at all.
you see in the past when civilizations collapsed the survivors were able to access their daily needs by their own physical labour, that is no longer possible in the modern age as much of the skills and knowledge have been lost as they are considered old fashioned and no longer needed, at least over here it is. most seem to regard learning anything as stupid when you can just google the answer, they will soon learn why when the power goes down and the internet isnt working but too late for them that why the die off will be huge in the UK.

People with my surname all come from Southern England, the widest part in the South. I am glad if I have to "re-migrate" it is a good place now.

Yes, I watched all that unfold, very interesting indeed. I couldn't help thinking, after the fact, that it was scripted in many places. I recall one event where the blm's etc marched on the Mayors home, in that gated estate. There was a massive police response to that and the protestors quickly backed down and retreated. It was like the government was happy to have them destroy the shops in their own 'Hood' but not in whitees area.

I agree with you though, if that was the case, if it all was orchestrated, it's a fine edge they ride. It wouldn't take much to tip the balance and you'd have the LA riots all over again, but on a much larger scale. Perhaps the authorities were trying to defuse matters 'before' they got to that level. Sort of like a pressure release valve. Let the unruly minorities think they are getting what they want, but in a controlled environment? After a week or three, their energies spent and their living rooms full of stolen TV's and Nike apparel they simply disbanded.

you mention the 1993 Central LA Riots >>> the status quo was preserved back then - facts hidden by the media and any hints erased from the internet ...

not reported was the police & civilian blockade of the exits into Beverly Hills and the uber Richy Rich areas >>> one hell of a battle - worst fighting of the entire riot ...

never reported all the non-blacks pulled from their vehicles caught in the early riot stage - many murdered and their #s just sluffed off into the riot total - Richard Denny got all the publicity because it couldn't hide...

when the "balloon" pops to the point it can't hide & excused >>> PRAY

This all goes back to what real danger would be in a lawless, SHTF world. I still think the biggest and most immediate danger is the Golden Hoard.

we had the 2011 London riots over here, from 6-11 August so right about now.
of course it wasnt so much of a riot as an excuse for looting and arson.
I was quite gobSmacked to watch that happen, in England of all places. That's the end result of enriching cities with multiculturalism.

Our western civilization is so fragile, in many respects.
but do many of the population know that or even care? I think not.

Of course not. But that's the price you pay for watching TV all your life and letting it do your thinking for you.

Last edited:
This all goes back to what real danger would be in a lawless, SHTF world. I still think the biggest and most immediate danger is the Golden Hoard.
maybe in America, but wife has just had an example of why that wont happen here (trip to the south coast)and she is the most logical person I know and if she said "forget bugging out, nobody in Britain will be evacuating" then I believe her.

The impression I get here is that many farmers in the UK do have guns. Maybe just double barreled shotguns for varmint control, but are "armed" nonetheless. In the urban areas, the sheeple aren't armed at all, only some criminals. They may be scared to venture out into the hinterlands.

The impression I get here is that many farmers in the UK do have guns. Maybe just double barreled shotguns for varmint control, but are "armed" nonetheless. In the urban areas, the sheeple aren't armed at all, only some criminals. They may be scared to venture out into the hinterlands.
thats probably part of it. criminals are more likely to use a knife or a sharpened screwdriver than a gun although that does happen.
the average modern urban dweller in the UK lacks any knowledge about the rural areas and mostly mutter "how quaint!" as they pass through on their way to their next destination.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back