Undetected from thermal cameras.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Ui Niall

Reaction score
Hi I'm guessing everyone here knows a simple way to minimise a heat signature is via the use of thermal blankets. As drones and helis will be on the look out for survivors. The tin foil colour can be painted to suit the environment in order to be camouflage to the eye. When attached together can be used to cover a small camp or hide out. And if crafty, thermal blankets can underline a ghillie suit.

Hi I'm guessing everyone here knows a simple way to minimise a heat signature
predator-il-cult-action-con-arnold-schwarzenegger-maxw-1280-1024x572.jpg

Thermal imaging works by detecting the radiated infrared energy emitted from an object. The amount of emission is dependent on the temperature of the material and it's emissivity (the surface's ability to emit the energy as thermal IR radiation ~ what the camera sees). If a fur is too low tech for everyone (which is damn effective, no joke), develop a thinner material that will fool the thermal camera. If you have a cheap IR thermometer that lacks the ability to adjust for emissivity, take it outside at night when every thermometer you own says it's 0°F outside and check your vehicle fender temp. I bet it says -40°F degrees! Super33+ electrical tape is great for getting a temp reading from surfaces when the IR emissivity is pre-set to 95. I bet, if people deviated from what mythbusters already covered, some interesting solutions could be created!

Latest posts

Back