Underestimated Options of the Individual

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally have used Google Earth to evaluate the Golden Horde scenario. And the applied it to a military, results being the same.
To me, being in the hills is preferable to being on flat land.
To my East, 6 miles of rugged terrain to the nearest road that caused firefighters problems a couple years ago.
To my north, a 2500 ft ridge with a few fire roads but that is one of my escape routes 7 miles by fire road to a main road.
To my NW, I can see civilization 5 miles away. I have gone to land marks with my binoculars and can‘t see my buildings, even knowing where to look, I can’t see them.
To my direct West, the roughest terrain of all from the road 2.5 miles away.

My weak point, my road coming 3 miles up a canyon from the southwest. A pinch point cattle gate at my property line but my only cover is a big oak I call my killing tree. I get a lot of game there.
From this simplistic explanation, my defenses are targeted towards a mobil band. Keeping them on the road is key.

I have no way out really. I will and must keep a low profile because of the wife and her weaknesses. We will bug-in and make the house look burned out with black paint and broken windows. The majority of the prepps can be stored in the wine cellar and hidden easily. Water is from the well or filtered from the lake nearby. Hunting is done silently with bow and arrow or with a pellet gun. We cannot move too much or fight too much without guns and ammo. So, stick it out and hide well...

I have no way out really. I will and must keep a low profile because of the wife and her weaknesses. We will bug-in and make the house look burned out with black paint and broken windows. The majority of the prepps can be stored in the wine cellar and hidden easily. Water is from the well or filtered from the lake nearby. Hunting is done silently with bow and arrow or with a pellet gun. We cannot move too much or fight too much without guns and ammo. So, stick it out and hide well...

you'll have 3 times more fighting pretending that your home is abandoned - you'll not only have the scavengers coming in but the squatter types also - think either is going to just quietly leave when you come popping out in an ambush?

. I agree with bug-in. I have bugged out in natural disasters and it sucks. But I plan for that as well.
I think about making it look like there are more people up here. 4 cars, a tractor, headlights. Even thinking about how laser pointers may help.

Latest posts

Back