Ummm....I need ideas

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphahunter15

Reaction score
ok right now me and my brother (ghost sniper) are teens and were prepping and our parents dont know and we'd like to keep it that way cause they wouldnt approve. right now we live out in the middle of the woods in probably one of the smallest towns in the U.S. called Indian Mound (the name kinda gives it away lol) but we're gonna be moving within the next couple of months to a city about 45 minutes away from where we are now. we're working on a spider hole and bug out bags and whatever other things we can do to prepare. even though were moving im still gonna dig the spider hole for an escape if we really have to and im not sure how were gonna get the bags moved without our parents finding them so that's a problem unless we find a way to leave them in the hole without mice and bugs getting them, but we might not see them for years so umm.....got any ideas of how we can prep before we move and maby keep this place as a sort of plan B if you know what i mean?

Just tell your parents.

btw --- NEVER leave rice where it can get wet if it will be there for a while NEVER!

Only old soggy rice and dryads saddle have made me feel ill like that. Old soggy rice is a defensive weapon. Eating the dryads saddle, mearly being close to the old soggy rice.

Worse case scenario if you tell them you will be disowned and get a chance to prep to your hearts content.

usually a garbage bag is a pretty good seal, but what exactly is in the bags you want to leave?

Just be mindful if someone else is buying the old property they could find it and discard of or take the bags.

it all depends what you want to store.. rain damage etc.. bagging inside and sealing, and bagging outside the bag should protect it well but perishables, perish.

Any produced foods, like chocolate bars chips, cans of pop should last a few years atleast. Things like bread will mold, most "real type foods" will mold. There are ways to prep.

In a double baged garbage system described above should protect most materials the more plastic layers the better.

You want to keep any electronics deep underground, atleast 10 feet, or in a farraday cage, which can be made out of an old microwave, but bear in mind capacitors are dangerous and don't attempt to gut a microwave until you know how to do so safely.

other than this .. stuff like plastic bags and tupper wear will keep most processed goods for a long time, however bera in mind a spider hole without proper drainage turns into a well or large puddle once erosion has its way.

burrying it may be a better option than putting it in a spider hole. but it may end up that way anyway. Just know that going into earthen holes without proper frame support can be dangerous and lethal. Same as building a deep snow fort. Soil type can have a major influence if you are completely covered it can be lethal, so plan anything like that with safety in mind, this includes insuring you can be unburried within a few seconds.

Spider holes without frame support become hazards, pitfalls, etc..

good plan though. Just be mindful of someone else who owns your property after you move.

using a "neutral" public forest area etc.. nearby may be a better option because hidden public areas rarely get explored by anyone but kids. But property owners may survey their property. You have a much better chance of hiding or bugging out about 20-50 meters from any major trail or further, than on private land where someone lives, unless it is underneath their property. People never suspect tunnels under their property, or also on their rooves, in the upper part of a house without an attic etc.. out of sight out of mind.

My geuss is you should be able to conceal anything in your bag by putting inside other things like clothes, books, etc.. concealment of stuff is pretty easy, especially if there is room to hollow something out.

Smuggling is a useful prepping skill.

Personally I think the healthiest type of relationship with family is just being honest, atleast they will hate you for who you are if they don't agree with your choices. Parents who hate their kids for what they do suck anyway, so it will speed things up. If you arn't breaking the law, your parents really shoulnd't care unless they are quakers or something. I know you arn't old order because you have internet.

Do you have any idea how many parents wish their kids were preppers? If your not hearing it at home we are all proud of you for being motivated to do what you are doing and will do.

Maybe when you move you can make new friends that have supportive parents that are preppers that can explain things in a way that your parents come around. If not you could plan your bug out with them.

I know what your going through . I'm also a teenage prepper and I didn't tell my parents... They wouldn't think it'd be all worth it they believe in the system. ( dont know how). If you think you could sneak the bobs do that. For the spider hole. Get a plastic tarp lay it out and then put in plywood all in the side. Put a hatch at the top sealed with plastic. That's what I would do.

I'm going to come at you from a parent point for a second. My kids prep. One of them is a member on here, so all is cool there. Just talk to them. Don't try to do anything illegal and they most likely won't care.

Now as a land owner. If I bought a piece of property and found someone had dug a pit on it and covered over it with a tarp and only found the hole by livestock falling through or someone falling through with a vehicle or something, then I would be sueing the hell out of the previous owners and I'd have just cause.

WilliamAshly is right, if the hole isn't shorn up properly, it's a death trap. Don't do it. Find a buddy that will let you stow stuff in his garage or attic..

If you're still hell bent on digging, the bury thing in seal pvc pipe, just map out where you've put it.

My dad thought I was half groundhog when I was little. That book by Al Perkins called The digging est dog changed my life when I was little. (7 or 8) I tunneled up our property with all my free time. I luckily wasn't in it when the biggest one collapsed. Scared me. I quit digging tunnels and started building tree forts. On average dirt weighs approximately 78 pounds per cubic foot. That add up quick. I've spent a lot of time on a backhoe and seen things go wrong due to a weak spot or change in soil type. In a hole isn't where you want to be. Shoring is very important for a long term hole but doing it on the cheap usually doesn't end well. Always use a buddy system. Have an emergency plan if you just can't keep from getting dirty. Without getting into specifics. It's not complicated but it is not something to do half assed. If you do it do your research first. There is lots more than digging a hole and putting up boards to hold the dirt in place. Just be smart about it.

Latest posts

Back