Ultimate survival guide??

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At my new job to introduce yourself they ask a few questions and post it with your picture. They asked what three things would you want if stranded on a deserted island. I didn't say "boat", LOL, I said I wanted a desalinator, an emergency beacon and a experienced survivalist that specialized in living on deserted islands. Since I didn't say I wanted a Bible, aspirin and liquor, I wonder if they guess I'm a prepper. I wonder if anyone answered cell phone. Too funny.

It's only 272 pages, that would barely cover one topic on the subject of survival and only devoting one page per topic isn't really enough even from a basic stand point. It's well written for what I seen of it but I really wouldn't call it 'Ultimate' in any stretch of the imagination :(

Marketing strategy....archive.org has a ton of other stuff!

At my new job to introduce yourself they ask a few questions and post it with your picture. They asked what three things would you want if stranded on a deserted island. I didn't say "boat", LOL, I said I wanted a desalinator, an emergency beacon and a experienced survivalist that specialized in living on deserted islands. Since I didn't say I wanted a Bible, aspirin and liquor, I wonder if they guess I'm a prepper. I wonder if anyone answered cell phone. Too funny.
This reminds me of when I was asked that question in an icebreaker session. My answer was similar. I don't remember the specific things I said, but I know desalinator was one; I think I had in mind food, water, shelter. Based on what everyone else said, apparently they were supposed to be "fun" answers. . .
That was at one of my first jobs when I was in college, so I didn't really know anything about prepping except what I had learned about survival in general from a "survival handbook" that covered all kinds of scenarios, so I was basing my answers on that. But just because a survival guide doesn't cover everything in as much detail as possible doesn't mean it's useless.

Latest posts

Back