Ultimate SHTF QRP Radio?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s a 10W field HF 6-160M radio. The connections are to maintain a high water resistant rating.

it can be a base unit but 100W is what you want for those, 10W is minimal for SSB during the bottom of the 11 year sub cycle that we are in now.

I run JS8call for primary comms via AMMRON so 10W will get you all over the USA on 40M/80M everyday even in this crappy stage of the sun cycle.

At the price point it packs a lot that no other radio in it’s category has, being an SDR

For HF QRP SSB work I prefer a 20 watt radio like the ICOM 703 or 705. For CW, 5 watts is fine and will get the message through. Just my 2 cents based on many years of HF SSB low power portable operations. de KA5SIW

I'm happy with my export model President Grant 2 CB / Ham combo. US / UK/EU/Poland and Russian CB and 10 / 11 Ham bands in AM and FM . 12v watt CB 40 watt SSB. I can use it in my van or as a portable base station using a wire dipole.

Latest posts

Back