UK preppers

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Australia too had a taste of our resolve..:)-

"In the name of her Imperial Highness Queen Victoria we have come to confiscate your boomerangs and didgeridoos"
war-aborigine.jpg

..If it wasn't for The United States and their nasty guns the English would be speaking German now.

Wait a min Charlie, if it wasn't for Monty the US would still be stuck around St Lo in the west of Normandy !
He said-
"My general objective is to pull the Germans onto Second [British and Canadian] Army so that First [American] Army can extend and expand"

and it worked to perfection, Around Caen he (including the Canadians) attacked into the teeth of no less than 7 panzer divisions (4 of which were SS) and 4 heavy tank battalions.
In the west the Americans faced only 2 panzer divisions and a panzergrenadier division..

war-Disposits-July-44.jpg

Bunker Hill, you won the battle and lost the war. Without American support, the British army would never have landed in Europe. Now being done with the harassments, the British army has always been a great fighting force. Strategic planning is always required in the beginning but it is always the troops on the ground that make or break a battle. The German attack at the battle of the bulge should have been a strategic victory except for the unwillingness of the grunts on the ground to surrender. Germany had all the equipment and troops needed to take Stalingrad but the Russian refused to admit defeat. In the end, logistic win wars, the fighters in the field win battles. The battle of Rokes Drift is a prime example. The Zulu's had already wiped out a major British force but could not capture Rokes Drift. Defended by 139 British soldiers against 4,000 Zulu. Good leadership, very good firearms and amazing fortitude of the British soldiers saved the day. By all odds, the Zulus should have prevailed. Note: there were no automatic firearms in use there, just revolvers and bolt action rifles.

Bunker Hill, you won the battle and lost the war. Without American support, the British army would never have landed in Europe...

1- With a big chunk of the Brit Army fighting in the American Revolution, the French seized their chance and began threatening the Brit homeland so we had to ship them back to defend Britain.

2- Hitler had already tried to get across the channel in 1940 but we carved up his Luftwaffe real bad so he abandoned the idea and he invaded Russia instead and the russkis whupped his ### because he was such a lousy military commander.
For examp he'd declared war on America after Pearl Harbor and it was like signing his own death warrant, and Churchill was over the moon..:)
achurch001p1.jpg

Dropship quote- In 'Stargate Universe' Jack O'Neill and Prof Rush sign up a champion wargamer to help them kick alien butt..:)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not necessarily..:)
I had a suspected UFO abduction experience ('The Spalding Incident') while camping alone some years ago, so perhaps aliens wanted a sample of my DNA to clone a 'Dropship Army' to help them conquer the universe..:)

Last edited:
Well, as this is the UK Preppers forum, and as Britain is full of big country houses, I might as well start discussing taking over one of them after the owners have died (along with 99% of the world's population) in an apocalyptic plague or asteroid strike.
Americans and other nations input is welcome too.
Okay here goes, welcome to-

DOOMSDAY HALL
The cities are starving and riot-torn, so we'll load our canned food and bottled water into our van and head out to an abandoned country house which we'll call Doomsday Hall and start making plans to grow/hunt/fish our own food-

surv-grange.jpg

Hall2.jpg

First priority is defence, so we'll throw up a perimeter of barbed wire coils (from an abandoned builders yard) and an anti-vehicle ditch around the Hall-
shtf-wire-coils.jpg

The surrounding terrain is rich and fertile, including a river and the sea.
I estimate a group of about 25 people maximum would be able to comfortably survive there.
Note the wire perimeter (white) and the anti-vehicle ditch (yellow)-
hall-wire-ditch.jpg

Do DP members agree with all that so far?

I'm not a UK prepper, but this sounds just like the Civilization computer game my sons played when they were little.
Of course, it's handy to find such a beautiful countryside mini mansion and all that barbed wire.

I'm not a UK prepper, but this sounds just like the Civilization computer game my sons played when they were little.
Of course, it's handy to find such a beautiful countryside mini mansion and all that barbed wire.

Yes I grew up on Civilisation too, but eventually got bored with beating the computer at it all the time.. 😛

Well, as this is the UK Preppers forum, and as Britain is full of big country houses, I might as well start discussing taking over one of them after the owners have died (along with 99% of the world's population) in an apocalyptic plague or asteroid strike.
Americans and other nations input is welcome too.
Okay here goes, welcome to-

DOOMSDAY HALL
The cities are starving and riot-torn, so we'll load our canned food and bottled water into our van and head out to an abandoned country house which we'll call Doomsday Hall and start making plans to grow/hunt/fish our own food-

surv-grange.jpg

Hall2.jpg

First priority is defence, so we'll throw up a perimeter of barbed wire coils (from an abandoned builders yard) and an anti-vehicle ditch around the Hall-
shtf-wire-coils.jpg

The surrounding terrain is rich and fertile, including a river and the sea.
I estimate a group of about 25 people maximum would be able to comfortably survive there.
Note the wire perimeter (white) and the anti-vehicle ditch (yellow)-
hall-wire-ditch.jpg

Do DP members agree with all that so far?

No! The logistic is completely lacking. No heavy equipment to dig the anti-vehicle ditch. No fuel to locate and transport the large amount of barbed wire. Truck load of food will not last long with 25 people. The house is surrounded by prime hiding places for snipers to pick off the residents. The house residents will have to leave their fortification to get water or fire wood. Remember fortifications work in both direction. It may stop intruders but it can also bottle up the defenders, while the attackers are free to roam about collecting replenishment supplies. If there is a need for barbed wire and vehicle ditches, then this place is a death trap. Very poor strategy.

No! The logistic is completely lacking. No heavy equipment to dig the anti-vehicle ditch. No fuel to locate and transport the large amount of barbed wire. Truck load of food will not last long with 25 people. The house is surrounded by prime hiding places for snipers to pick off the residents. The house residents will have to leave their fortification to get water or fire wood. Remember fortifications work in both direction. It may stop intruders but it can also bottle up the defenders, while the attackers are free to roam about collecting replenishment supplies. If there is a need for barbed wire and vehicle ditches, then this place is a death trap. Very poor strategy.

1- Iron Age tribes dug ditches around their settlements, they didn't need heavy equipment so neither will we..:)
Below-Old Oswestry hillfort in Wales, it had multiple ditches around it dug by hand and filled with thorn bushes and water etc to keep the bad guys out-
old-oswestry-hillfort-Wales.jpg

2- There'll still be enough fuel around in the early stages of an apocalypse.

3- Our group will only be a few people at first so our food stocks will last quite a while, then the group size will grow as people begin drifting out of the cities to join us. Anyway the surrounding woods will be full of game, a shot deer will feed us for a week, plus there'll be fish in the river and sea. so hopefully we'll have people who know how to hunt and fish.

4- We'll have our own sniper on the Hall roof to get enemy snipers before they get us-
epa04908270-A-law-enforcement-sniper-lies-on-a-rooftop-as-he-and-others-search-for-three-armed-suspe.jpg

5- Yes we'll have to leave the fortified Hall to hunt and fish etc, but we'll all be armed to deal with any trespassers.
I fancy having a .38 revolver myself but people can choose whatever pieces they prefer.

6- Medieval castles could hold out for many months before the besiegers got fed up and went home, so we too could hunker down at the Hall for ages if we had to..:)

..If there is a need for barbed wire and vehicle ditches, then this place is a death trap. Very poor strategy.

This will be a typical bedroom view from the Hall, note the wire and ditch in the middle distance, so just poke your gun out the window and start blasting trespassers..:)
shtf-hall-window-wire.jpg

But if people prefer to stay in the city (below) good luck with that-
Sci-Fi-City3.jpg

Last edited:
1)
1- Iron Age tribes dug ditches around their settlements, they didn't need heavy equipment so neither will we..:)
Below-Old Oswestry hillfort in Wales, it had multiple ditches around it dug by hand and filled with thorn bushes and water etc to keep the bad guys out-
old-oswestry-hillfort-Wales.jpg

2- There'll still be enough fuel around in the early stages of an apocalypse.

3- Our group will only be a few people at first so our food stocks will last quite a while, then the group size will grow as people begin drifting out of the cities to join us. Anyway the surrounding woods will be full of game, a shot deer will feed us for a week, plus there'll be fish in the river and sea. so hopefully we'll have people who know how to hunt and fish.

4- We'll have our own sniper on the Hall roof to get enemy snipers before they get us-
epa04908270-A-law-enforcement-sniper-lies-on-a-rooftop-as-he-and-others-search-for-three-armed-suspe.jpg

5- Yes we'll have to leave the fortified Hall to hunt and fish etc, but we'll all be armed to deal with any trespassers.
I fancy having a .38 revolver myself but people can choose whatever pieces they prefer.

6- Medieval castles could hold out for many months before the besiegers got fed up and went home, so we too could hunker down at the Hall for ages if we had to..:)

1) Iron age tribes did not dig the ditches after a SHTF event. Also the tribe had a lot more people digging the ditch than your 25 person model. The iron age "Bad Guys" did not have long range firearms and if you notice on your picture the Oswestry hillfort in Wales, occupies the high ground. Something your "Doomsday Hall does not.

2) Your original OP stated after the 99 percent die off, so NO, there will not be plenty of fuel laying about. You post also stated occupying the estate after the owner had died off, in a post SHTF event. No electricity to pump out underground fuel. No fuel to go hunting for possible untapped fuel. AND not mention of the extreme danger of hunting for possible abandoned fuel, which anybody in that area will consider their property.

3) Changing parameters. You stated 25 people and now the group has shrunken down to fit your truck load of food. How will you be able to "VET" the new members drifting out from the cities? From my understanding the deer in England are much smaller than American deer and I doubt one would feed very many people for very long, especially without any refrigeration. The nearby deer will very quickly disappear after the first few gun shots. Also where will you obtain the "hunting weapons for the deer hunt? Or for that matter the ammo? Or the hunting skill? Once again hunting and fishing in an area that requires vehicle ditches and barbed wire will be extremely dangerous.

4) Yes you can have your own sniper but will this sniper be able to detect a shooter in the woods at say 600 yards? Would your sniper have the skill to hit a target at 600 yards? Where would you get the firearm and scoped for shooting out to 600 yard? Last but not least, where would you find somebody in your neck of the woods qualified with long range shooting to be your sniper. Yes I can hit a target at 600 yards but I have 50 years of practice and the equipment needed. A sniper on a roof top is not that hard to spot. A sniper in the woods can be very difficult to spot. The sniper in the woods will have all the time he needs to range the target, adjust for wind, bullet drop and make the shot. What does the roof top sniper have going? if the roof top sniper pokes his head out to range a suspected target, he is a dead sniper.

5) The people can choose what ever weapon. REALLY? Again where are they going to get the weapons or obtain the training? Where are these people going to get the ammo? Untrained armed group is just a target of opportunity. Mixed calibers will present major problems during a fire fight or defensive situation. Your selection of a 38 caliber revolver is not too impressive either. A six shot slow reloading pistol would certainly not be my top choice during a SHTF / WROL event. Since you occupied somebodies else's estate, who are you to refer to other as trespassers? Second, back to the sniper situation, what caliber weapons would you group have? If you headed to the river or beach with pistols, than a long gun of just about any caliber will be able to pick off your group from a safe distance.

6) Medieval castles did hold out for many months, they also had years to prepare for a siege. Your truck load of food is not going to last and you will run out of water very quickly.

I can tell you are very new to this type of planning. 1) Your OPSEC sucks. During a WROL event, strangers equal danger. You do not welcome unknown strangers into your group. It is very easy to poison a group once you have access to the group. Poison is very easy to conceal, so even searching a strange would most likely fail. Second the location you chose is not defensible. The doomsday Manor has no tactical advantage. No water on site, not clear field of fire, no sanitation, no food within the compound, no heating, and limited egress and exit. The only thing the Doomsday manor presents is fun target practice.

So just wondering if there are another preppers in the uk other than me nd me best mate (who's not on this forum yet) if there are whats your plans (rough ones lol) so if tsdhtf us fellow preppers might be able to join forces

Sorry for your thread getting hijacked by a troll curly, it was good while it lasted, but that's the internet 🤣

I've seen a lot of the same arguments and the same photos on another forum, the guy was living in an upstairs apartment on Plymouth waterfront, no garden. doing anything AFTER the event has happened is a recipe for failure.

Well darn, I thought I was playing with some wanna be teenage Rambo, not some addled brain adult, living in an upstairs flat. Oh well, back to our regular programming. LOL

Latest posts

Back