UK preppers

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a starter infographic https://modernsurvivalonline.com/infographic-tips-for-emp/ you can find many more at
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/wisefoodstorage/prepper-infographics/

eefee637c31c054895d6e24b6ef27692.jpg

The surge suppressor sounds good. I’ve got a wind up radio and torch but haven’t got round to putting them in a faraday cage. Didn’t know you could use a cake tin. I’ve seen some convoluted ones online but took up too much space, cake tin is ideal. Can you buy emp proof solar panels? Thinking a small one for the garden would be best rather than the roof as I couldn’t afford it and would worry it wouldn’t be protected enough.

Hi Edmund,
This thread hasn’t been added to for a while. It came up on my email. I did this when I first started using the site, as I’m not used to using a forum. If Im looking for info I type the main word into search. Or post your question in the area you’re looking for. I don’t post questions really as most of what I’m looking for is already here.

Just dropping by again.
I was just wondering what everyone was doing regarding the currently reported upcoming food shortages. I don't watch the stupid box, I get what I know from trusted sources on YouTube & farcebook (facebook).

We're topping up out food stocks as we've just acquired a nice big shed which I can also put my tools and other things in. I've recently been to ALDI and it seems they don't mind you walking out with half the store as I've taken full boxes of stuff and they've not said anything, I guess they're more interested in profit, as after all, they've basically said as much in regards to getting you through the checkouts.

I've also increased my armory and ammo.

We have remained fully prepped and stocked up because we believe this pandemic has not yet even peaked, The Pingdemic, The screwed up shipping cvos of the evergreen, the trucker shortage, the Iso container shortage, new strains of covid, huge numbers of public sector workers refusing to return to work etc etc this is far from over.

I do a 4 weekly big shop and top up my food stocks that way, I have been told staff in supermarkets are not allowed(by management) to make personal remarks about your shopping, stuff will only be rationed-like we saw early in the pandemic- if the masses start panic buying again.
having our own stock piles puts us ahead of the masses.

A good place to get rice, cooking oil & flour is Indian supermarkets, we have (that I know of) 2 in Normanton (Derby), Sherif & Sons / Pak Foods.

I'm english but tend to hang on American prepper / survivalist forums because America is about 5 times bigger than the UK (if my maths are right) therefore there's more going on.
By comparison purely UK sites tend to be less active and have the wind whistling through them a lot of the time..:)

I'm english but tend to hang on American prepper / survivalist forums because America is about 5 times bigger than the UK (if my maths are right) therefore there's more going on.
By comparison purely UK sites tend to be less active and have the wind whistling through them a lot of the time..:)

I started monitoring the UK sites for the upsurge when the EU break-off was pending - expecting some useful & unique prepping perspectives >>> didn't see much of any activity increase

My only beef with US prep/survival websites is that they're too gun-centred and seem to think owning a gun guarantees their survival in all situations, so as a result their brains turn to mush because they never use them, and I have to keep reminding them to fight with their brain first and their weapons second.
They banned me from Survivalist Board last week for saying stuff like that, I suppose they couldn't handle the fact that a limey was trying to tell them what to do..:)

My only beef with US prep/survival websites is that they're too gun-centred and seem to think owning a gun guarantees their survival in all situations, so as a result their brains turn to mush because they never use them, and I have to keep reminding them to fight with their brain first and their weapons second.
They banned me from Survivalist Board last week for saying stuff like that, I suppose they couldn't handle the fact that a limey was trying to tell them what to do..:)

The Revolutionary War was started because of Limeys trying to take our guns away. So yeah, we're a bit touchy about that.

The Revolutionary War was started because of Limeys trying to take our guns away. So yeah, we're a bit touchy about that.

Mad King Georgy was to blame for that, and now you've got a Mad King Joe who's trying to do the same thing..:)-

Biden-2nd-Amend.png

Many US gun owners practice regularly. Not mush brains. Have to disagree with you there.

I'm talking tactical planning and organisation, not just trigger pulling..:)
I've been regularly beating firearms owners of all nations on the online computer wargaming circuit for the past 19 years.. :cool:

Below: me leading my squad in Armed Assault, I tell them "Stick with me if you want to live"
game-squad.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back