UK preppers

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dropship asked "What's a POM"?
--------------------------------------
Property of her Majesty. Learned it from one of my Britt friends when I worked for a Britt oil company.

You must have misunderstood your friend, or else he was an Australian, because 'Pom' or 'Pommy' is what Aussies call the english.
For examp, prince Charles was once being interviewed about his trip to Australia and was asked what kind of welcome he got, and he replied "There were some cries of "pommy bastard"..:)
Nobody knows for sure how the term originated, one theory is that the abbreviation "POME" was put against the names of convicts on ships rosters, standing for 'Prisoner Of Mother England'.

if someone didn't carefully read your OP, they would get the impression it's real..you need to make it clear that this is all hypothetical and use appropriate language. Such as "Here's how I envision the Doomsday Hall communal living room where we could meet for chat..."

Yes my bad, i should have created a 'Doomsday Hall' thread of its own rather than start it halfway through somebody else's thread.
Too late now but there are still plenty of other survival forums around to slot it into..;)

Prepping is not a computer simulation.

It can be..:)
Here's one of the many farming/prepping/survival games out there-
farming-sim.jpg

Yes my bad, i should have created a 'Doomsday Hall' thread of its own rather than start it halfway through somebody else's thread.
Too late now but there are still plenty of other survival forums around to slot it into..;)
I can move them to a separate thread if you want. Just create the thread.

Good, please go there. This is a real life, real world prepper site. Fantasy has absolutely nothing to do with real world prepping. NONE of your post present any real life value. Fake defenses, fake vehicles, fake houses, and absolutely no details about your qualification, training, preparations, skill sets or the number of your (fake) group. Even the accomplishments you boast about have absolutely no value to a real life prepper. The hours and years you have spent on gaming, could have been spent learning ACTUAL survival skills.

Dropship asked "What's a POM"?
--------------------------------------

You must have misunderstood your friend, or else he was an Australian, because 'Pom' or 'Pommy' is what Aussies call the english.
For examp, prince Charles was once being interviewed about his trip to Australia and was asked what kind of welcome he got, and he replied "There were some cries of "pommy bastard"..:)
Nobody knows for sure how the term originated, one theory is that the abbreviation "POME" was put against the names of convicts on ships rosters, standing for 'Prisoner Of Mother England'.
Could have been Aussie, couldn't really tell the difference.

Yes guys you could be right, this website is called Doomsday Prepper Forums but I'm more of a hardcore post-apoc Survivalist, myself, not just a prepper, spot the difference?.. 😛

Dictionary: PREPPER
a person who gathers materials and makes plans in preparation for surviving a major disaster or cataclysm.

Dictionary: SURVIVALIST
a person who practises outdoor survival skills as a sport or hobby, a person who tries to ensure their own survival or that of their social or national group.

You guys must be bored sh*tless to waste time on a troll. I read about 3 of it's posts and put it on ignore. Life is too short to wade through mud.

I am not sure this person is a troll. I think he has a problem distinguishing between reality and fantasy. Too much game playing and not enough real world exposure. Yes I do get a bit of fun poking holes in his fantasy world. I also think pushing fantasy concepts could mislead beginner preppers, so I challenge his his fantasy post with a dose of reality.

Another thing we'll need at Doomsday Hall will be a preacherman to help trespassers get closer to Jesus..:)

"You like Jesus? You're gonna meet him"
bronson-jesus.jpg

..I challenge his his fantasy post with a dose of reality.

Here's a bit of reality for you mate, your blue home state of AZ is being flooded by illegals because you voted against Don and his wall, nice going..:D
(Nobody will flood Doomsday Hall because we've got a proper wire border and anti-vehicle ditch)
ariz-illeg.jpg

Last edited:
As regards trespassers who come snooping around Doomsday Hall, we'll shoot them on sight rather than take them prisoner.
How about it Lawrence?

You like to point out the failures of the Arizona vote but fail (like everything else) to mention the voting audit that is currently being carried out. The constitutional carry laws or the many other freedoms Arizonians have. Heck you can't even have a decent powered air gun.

There is no "Doomsday Hall, it like the other things in your posts are just your imagination running wild. No real world skills, no prepping skills, no members of the fictional Hall. AND worst of all, no actual planning on how you will be the survivalist you claim you are. Fiction and fantasy is all you have.

Now here is the challenge, pick a SHTF event with a minimum 80 percent die off and show us how you and your group would know to assemble, where you and your group would assemble, what supplies you would load out, what method you would use to transport your group and the supplies needed to set up this mythical Doomsday Hall. What equipment you and your group would bring on the journey and how the equipment was / would be obtained. Describe the skill sets each of your members would have. Describe your skill sets. Describe how you are going to transform an abandoned manor house into the "Doomsday House" portrayed in your pictures. If (very doubtful) you can do this, then you can begin to be considered a survivalist. Otherwise you are a video game fantasy warrior, posting on a REAL Doomsday forum, with real prepper and survivalist.

Yes guys you could be right, this website is called Doomsday Prepper Forums but I'm more of a hardcore post-apoc Survivalist, myself, not just a prepper, spot the difference?.. 😛

Dictionary: PREPPER
a person who gathers materials and makes plans in preparation for surviving a major disaster or cataclysm.

Dictionary: SURVIVALIST
a person who practises outdoor survival skills as a sport or hobby, a person who tries to ensure their own survival or that of their social or national group.
your NOT a survivalist, you dont even get out of your flat, your either online gaming all night or fast asleep all day. outdoors? you dont even know what that is.
"Survival" to you is just a fantasy game, you'll last about 5 minutes in a real SHTF event just as long as it takes someone to kick your flat door to pieces. no preparation, no planning, no idea.

Last edited:
Guys, guys, some of you are obviously Biden voters, so regrettably you wouldn't fit in at Doomsday Hall, but we might let one or two of you in to be our jesters to give us all a good laugh..:)

Heck, we might even let the Clown Prince himself join us..:)
funny-guy-A.png

Too chicken to take my challenge OR knows he can't cut the mustard. Arm chair video warrior, NOT a survivalist or even a minimal prepper. An adult child looking for any type of acknowledgement. The only person patting him on the back for his self proclaimed accomplishments is himself. Nobody on this site has or would want to join him, even in a fantasy scenario. No planning and no intestinal fortitude. Prove me wrong, take the challenge!!!

..The only person patting him on the back for his self proclaimed accomplishments is himself...No planning and no intestinal fortitude. Prove me wrong, take the challenge!!!

Can i be brutally frank mate?- No offence, but if you're a Biden voter I'm not the least bit interested in anything you and other Dem voters say about survival because I regard you as bigtime losers in that respect.
For examp your boy Biden has just surrendered Afgh to the Taliban and let them grab millions of bucks worth of US military equipment.
And look, the numpties in CA AZ and NM have left their southern border completely open, they couldn't defend a lemonade stand let alone a border..:)

results-2020-A.png

PS- Georgia too is a disgrace, they've shamed Dixie, and I feel sorry for the great patriotic Trump voters who have to live there.
PS again- here in Britain our own clowns are Labour voters, I avoid them like the plague..:)

Last edited:
Too chicken to take my challenge OR knows he can't cut the mustard...The only person patting him on the back for his self proclaimed accomplishments is himself..

What challenge? To be honest mate, your posts are usually so big and rambling because you fire off a big blunderbuss of points all at once and I don't have the time to wade through them.
If you raise one point at a time I could deal with each one in my own 'sniper' style one shot at a time before moving on to deal with the next.
As a great prophet once said-

"This is this"
this-is-this3.jpg

As for pats on the back, here's some feedback I get from my fans.. :cool:
Geordie-"PoorOldSpikes tactics work"
RocketMan- "PoorOldSpike is great guy to learn tank tactics from"
Enigma- "PoorOldSpike is great tactician"
Hirr Leto- "PoorOldSpike is deranged, crazy and full of fight. POS will bring it like no other... tactically sound player and yes, 'very' dangerous with armour.”
Wardog- "PoorOldSpike you are a tough little f*cker"
Apple Pie - "Come on over to 4church, we could do with your input and your humour"
Lillian - "please come back..it's nice having you on the board"

Airsoft definitely has its benefits. Back during the Obama shortages, I had to use an Airsoft 1911 in the backyard to train for IDPA and Steel Challenge competition. Manual of arms was identical to a real 1911. Some of the parts were even interchangeable, and some were almost interchangeable (slightly different dimensions) I ran an IDPA stage using the airsoft 1911 once. (after the competition).

I thought about joining an airsoft or paintball club a while back but was put off by two things-
Firstly they just seemed to run around like crackheads shooting at each other without any planning or organisation.
Secondly airsoft apparently use solid pellets instead of paint so there was no way of knowing if you'd hit the other guy.
Perhaps the rules and stuff have changed since then, I dunno.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back