UK Media article on Cascadia Faultline and preps

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just been reading about a family of three from Spokane (where ever the hell that is) who have an inflatable dirigible they reckon they can inflate in under 20 minutes so they can float about any tsunami type effects ????

i don't see anyone within reach of a tsunami surviving one,when it's full force.ppl still drown in the back wash of it..so,unless thier in a sub.and wearing seatbelts..i don't see them surviving one.when hit by one..

Not like you can simply order a dirigible online. Unless he built his own, not even sure where one would get such a thing. And if building your own, where the hell would you get/store the helium gas (and how much would that cost)? Then, you have to have gas or some other fuel for the turbines to actually steer and move once aloft. Seems unlikely. For the same or less money, could likely just get a used small airplane.

I'm actually surprised dirigibles aren't more widely used by the military, especially as drones. Takes a lot to shoot one down with regular arms fire. I imagine they'd have a big radar cross-section, even drones, but still, with today's stealth materials and all, seems like at least a good solution for a low-tech threat (such as terrorist camps).

I think this particular dirigible is or looks like a barrage balloon type thing, it did not look more than about 20 to 30 ft long !!! sort of thing you I=used to see hanging above ww2 warships, just a big boyant gas bag with a basket underneath it. No idea where he was getting the gas from or if it was helium or hydrogen ( BOOOM). I cannot find the bloody link now, it was in one of those adverts showing crazy or unusual things on news websites.

i don't see anyone within reach of a tsunami surviving one,when it's full force.ppl still drown in the back wash of it..so,unless thier in a sub.and wearing seatbelts..i don't see them surviving one.when hit by one..

Nor do I but you bloody Americans are world leaders at improvisation and overcoming crazy odds, If I had to wager £50 on who would come floating out of some unspecified disaster area and probably drinking a cold beer in a blimp, my money would be on an American first, then some bloody antipodean Aussie, then maybe just maybe an eccentric Englishman.

I'm sure some backyard mad scientists have made some. Hell, wish I would have thought of it, and I would have as a kid, lol. Instead, I tried building a helicopter and a sub (neither of which ever really came to full fruition of course...) Sub was the closest, but never could afford the plexiglass I was going to use as windows.

Spokane is roughly 500 miles from the coast, it would have to be one hell of an tsunami something an earthquake couldn't produce at this magnitude except a large meteor or a comet so that being the case 20 minutes is way too long given the forward pressure and over pressure would start to knock things down before the tsunami even comes close.

My Wife boss comment about the OP original news story link and about broadcast (the video I posted above)

"Inaccurate national news story on earthquakes, perhaps the most inaccurate ever. Less accurate than believing the movie San Andreas is the truth. Wild exaggeration of the tsunami, argues incorrectly large areas are "gone", butchers countless basic geophysical facts.

The author talked to many of the right people, and did a great job with the geology, but confused the FEMA scenario with reality and included a few quotes that were out of context. The news show had days to figure it out, and they brought in an "expert", and especially butchered the tsunami details, and elevated the vague "toast" term to a very specific "Gone!". Total fail."

Latest posts

Back