uk camping weekender

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyclingjames

Reaction score
Hi people. i have noticed that we have gotten a fair number of uk preppers and i would like to get an idea of how many people would like to go camping one weekend (probably spring or summer time) to meet each other.
it is far to early to get any definite answers but it would probably be in the midlands and at whatever date most of us could make it.
if you like the idea or have any suggestions please tell me.

Yeah, I'd rather summer to be honest. Winter you end up carrying more, eating more and freezing more (especially in Britain!)

Your best bet for a prepping camping weekend with bite is prolly for you all to go to the Wilderness Gathering in West Knoyle Wiltshite next August, you find hundreds of preppers, survivalists and bushcrafters there.

Yeah, couple of years ago, met up with Big Paul off SUK.net, most of the UK based prepping forums have modest RV events these days, SUK.net, UKSF, P2S, etc and some of the sub groups also have localised gatherings.

Yeah, couple of years ago, met up with Big Paul off SUK.net, most of the UK based prepping forums have modest RV events these days, SUK.net, UKSF, P2S, etc and some of the sub groups also have localised gatherings.

I know in the last few years things would have changed a bit but could you tell me a little about what you did there and what sort of things were on offer?

I'd probably end up going on my own as well so is there enough to fill the weekend?

Also, did you camp there for the weekend or just go for the day?

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

We just went for the day but there was organised camping for tents in one field, camper vans in another and even a section of bashas and hides in one lump of woodland.
there are courses and exhibitions from homeopathy, organic cosmetics, soaps toothpastes, clothing and eqipment, trade stands, traditional crafts like leatherwork, knife making, iron age living skills, bow making, axe throwing, fire lighting, etc etc. of course quite a few preppers just use it as a venue to meet up with other preppers they know online. Theres enough for 2 days at least esp if you do a few of the classes ( I to make toothpaste !! :) )

We just went for the day but there was organised camping for tents in one field, camper vans in another and even a section of bashas and hides in one lump of woodland.
there are courses and exhibitions from homeopathy, organic cosmetics, soaps toothpastes, clothing and eqipment, trade stands, traditional crafts like leatherwork, knife making, iron age living skills, bow making, axe throwing, fire lighting, etc etc. of course quite a few preppers just use it as a venue to meet up with other preppers they know online. Theres enough for 2 days at least esp if you do a few of the classes ( I to make toothpaste !! :) )

Oh wow that sounds like a really good jam packed weekend full of really good skills and valuable information to be learnt. I most certainly think I'm going!!

Thank you so much!!!

I'd defiantly be up for it once i've spoken to alot of the other members and got to known people online first.

Latest posts

Back