Two leg journey this summer

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A week without food isn't a big deal, all that is being done is walking that is maybe 300-400 calories per hour, which works out to 3000-6000 calories in each day, or 300km / 3km/h * 300 calories works out to about 30,000 calories which works out 10 about 10lbs of fat. I've budgeted about 27,000 calories with the rice and oil not counting the protein powder which is another 2750 calories. So to make a calorie neutral hike I would need to scavenge 250 calories from nature... or off my body fat, which I think more or less I am well within my scope to come out weight neutral, in all this. Yeah I'll probably just end up sleeping on the ground and hoping wolves don't eat me in my sleep. Might just make a 4 way lean to quickly if I can find enough dead fall. But I've been wanting a hammock for a while, but this is more a 10ft up deal... its really wolves I'm worried about.

I probably have 10lbs of fat to spare. Last I weighted myself I was around 215lbs, but I've been told it probably is mostly water due to the creatine I've been consuming. I figure in that I have atleast 10 lbs to spare.

Oh have you seen a Dakota fire pit ? Might work well for cooking. vids on you tube

I trust the ground with some aluminum foil a little more, don't want to catch any roots on fire. Have to make sure the thing is right out, just burrying it could start a forest fire.

However yeah it is nice ... little bit too much work.

Roots catch on fire too.

I'm going to try to hit abandoned shelters where they exist. camp 1 at Grant should have a structure or two left standing. I still have to do more survey but from the sattalite there are clearings at my other camp sites that are either old ghost settlements from decades ago or rail stops when the rails were still in.

It is a very simple hike, its all basically on access road, even if some of it is lesser used old industrial road from the logging era. The bulk of it is industrial road up, and the furthest north main access road in Ontario.

Whatever dude, good luck. Make sure you give someone your route so it doesn't cost us tax payers when they have to come rescue your ###.

Latest posts

Back