Twilight Zone

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
Evidence the economy has completely gone over into the Twilight Zone.

1) The FED announces that because the economy is in such bad shape and needs more stimulus, they will continue QE indefinitely.
2) The "free money" pumped into the system artificially inflates stock prices (at the expense of the dollar)
3) Companies that have no profits (e.g. Amazon), are seeing record high stock prices while many companies that actually make money are not.
4) The media reports the stock market record highs as evidence that the economy is doing great.

(Insert you own sound effects here by humming the Twilight Zone theme for a few seconds)

Some phrases come to mind. See if you can complete the following:

Circular ______

Lipstick on a _____

You can't polish a ______

What goes up, _______

The bigger they come, _________

circular motion ...lipstick on a mirror ....you can't polish a Polish kielbasa.....what goes up , inflation...the bigger they come, the higher the caliber I want.

Last edited:
Circular saw....... lipstick on a drone ...... you can't polish dirt ....... what goes up , smoke.......the bigger they come , the more the govt. is involved ......................................................................................anybody else ?.

circular orbit........lipstick on a pillow case.........you can't polish a cat.......what goes up,lol,not much these days.........the bigger they come,the less accurate I have to be.

Circular saw
Lipstick on a pig
You can't polish a wrong
What goes up, must go through the gov.
The bigger they come, the funner they are to shot at.

OK, this was a little more difficult than I thought. Let's take them one at at time.

The stock market is up because of QE. The Fed decided to continue QE precisely because the economy wasn't recovering and needed a boost. To claim that the economy is just great because the stock market is up is Circular Reasoning.

If we use a doctor patient analogy it would go something like this:

Doctor: Mrs. Smith, I have good news for you. Mr. Smith's vitals are looking good, he seems to be in excellent health.
Mrs. Smith: Great, when can you take him off of life support?
Doctor: Well we tried, but when we started taking him off, he went into shock so we had to put him back on life support.
Mrs. Smith: That doesn't sound good at all Doctor.
Doctor: No, really he's doing just great. Look at his chart - heart rate, blood pressure, breathing, all looking good.
Mr. Smith: But it says right here that before you took these readings, you gave him a shot of epinephrine.
Mr. Smith's Doctor: And he responded well to it! See! Nothing to worry about.
Mrs. Smith: How much longer will he have to stay on life support?
Doctor: We thought we were going to be able to take him off by the end of the year, but it looks like we'll have to keep him on it indefinitely.
Mrs. Smith: Then how can you say he is doing fine?
Doctor: His vitals look good. See the chart?
Mrs. Smith: But that's because he's on life support isn't it?
Doctor: Trust me, he's doing just fine!

Quantitative Easing is life support for the Stock Market. When Bernanke just mentioned that they MIGHT start tapering it at the end of the year, the DOW dropped 200 points, and gold and silver skyrocketed.

Last edited:
My dad was on life support for a 3 month battle with a MRSA infection after a heart valve replacement surgery, so I can tell you. Once a country is off life support, they realize what is happening and tries to hold on as much as possible just grasping and trying to stay awake and alert as much as possible, even with people who try to support and will that body to triumph but it eventually dies. This will begin a very difficult time to our great nation and our hearts will be torn down at that point.

The DOW is up, whoopee! Just don't look too closely at what companies' stocks are up. They are companies that have no profits like Amazon. Job numbers the media is reporting don't really tell the true story. The labor force participation is 62.8% - the lowest it's been since 1978. Obamacare is in the process of the destroying the health insurance industry. All these "good reports" on the economy are LIPSTICK ON A PIG. Or another way to put it is YOU CAN'T POLISH A TURD even though they are trying really hard to do just that.

Full disclosure: I made some money on Amazon stock. Then I got out. I could have made a good bit more if I had stayed in, but it was turning my stomach. But I lost money on several companies that are sound with good financials that went down when Amazon went up.

Latest posts

Back