Try out that gear

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psalm 7

God Like
Reaction score
One thing I have learned is when you set up your load bearing gear ( Alice,Molle,or comercial ) take it out on a hike or just around the yard if possible . Try out your ruck sack or back pack . Preferably on a long hike or hunting,camping trip . Here I can go out in full battle Rattle and not scare the neighbors as I can hit the woodline from my yard . If possible some one should go out and do day to day chores with their gear on . I had a nice holster set up on a LC 2 belt that would work its way off the belt and drop my Ruger p89 on the trail beside me . Stuff like this and just the fit and where you want your pouches and canteen's can be learned from this . I understand not every one can leave their front step in combat gear and public land is not always the best place but a little research could find a place to "patrol" as well as the shooting range as you walk targets out .

thats a good idea..only reason i aint done that yet,is i havent got enough in mine yet to make it worth while when it comes to any kind of try out..

I've been acumalating gear for the past 20 years mostly surplus wich I prefer . You can realy enjoy a hiking or camping trip and get in some practice and check out your gear all at the same time . Some times after a trip I will decide to move pouches or my field knife to another position on my LBE . I practice the saying train like you fight .

Latest posts

Back