Try out that gear

Prepper & Survivalism Forum

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

psalm 7

God Like
Reaction score
One thing I have learned is when you set up your load bearing gear ( Alice,Molle,or comercial ) take it out on a hike or just around the yard if possible . Try out your ruck sack or back pack . Preferably on a long hike or hunting,camping trip . Here I can go out in full battle Rattle and not scare the neighbors as I can hit the woodline from my yard . If possible some one should go out and do day to day chores with their gear on . I had a nice holster set up on a LC 2 belt that would work its way off the belt and drop my Ruger p89 on the trail beside me . Stuff like this and just the fit and where you want your pouches and canteen's can be learned from this . I understand not every one can leave their front step in combat gear and public land is not always the best place but a little research could find a place to "patrol" as well as the shooting range as you walk targets out .

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
thats a good idea..only reason i aint done that yet,is i havent got enough in mine yet to make it worth while when it comes to any kind of try out..

psalm 7

God Like
Reaction score
I've been acumalating gear for the past 20 years mostly surplus wich I prefer . You can realy enjoy a hiking or camping trip and get in some practice and check out your gear all at the same time . Some times after a trip I will decide to move pouches or my field knife to another position on my LBE . I practice the saying train like you fight .

Latest posts