Trump Won! How do you think this affects Prepping?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brison

Reaction score
I'm curious what other people think about the Trump win in terms of how it might affect prepping. Do you think his presidency will have any effect on the potential for a disaster or crisis to occur? Or, (in your opinion) do you think some sort of "event" is inevitable? A good number of people seem to feel that an Economic Crisis is most likely. Others seem to think we're headed for some version of a civil war.

Well the non stop insidious erosion on US gun ownership rights and constraints on the amounts of ammo gun owners can keep should ease. Hopefully the attacks on people wanting to live off grid will also ease, Taxes may fall as he scraps or cancels the lavish welfare systems for illegals . He also appears to like SMALL government which may see the Federal Land grabs ease as well thus allowing off grid homesteaders the chance to graze their critters on federal land without persecution. Americas economy was smaller but far more stable when the US strives to be isolationist rather than global, that can only be good for Americans as it will drive the US to start making consumables in the US rather than outsourcing jobs and wealth creation to China.

personally,don't think you'll have a civil war over there,what could trigger something nasty if "dark powers" decide to take out the elected by some means permanent.
will we have some sort of global war in the future? most likely we will...and it seems like every country is now upgrading their defences.

I don't think a civil war is looming. It's just a bunch of young people that are worried their free ride is likely ending and they are venting steam. (Ok, understated here, but moving on). I think they will grow bored and move on before long.
The economic crisis is coming, and no one can stop it, not even trump. I'm not sure when, and won't even try to guess, but all the pyramid schemes around the globe can't be sustained indefinately. By schemes I mean debt laden economies.
I hope a global crash won't lead to widespread war, but it's a likely trigger. I wish I could feel confident that trump, or anyone else could stop this speeding train wreck but don't think any one person is capable. Where the heck is superman when you need him....

I'm curious what other people think about the Trump win in terms of how it might affect prepping. Do you think his presidency will have any effect on the potential for a disaster or crisis to occur? Or, (in your opinion) do you think some sort of "event" is inevitable? A good number of people seem to feel that an Economic Crisis is most likely. Others seem to think we're headed for some version of a civil war.

Its obvious we all need to stay the course.....Trump got elected simply because he was not a main stream politician but then again neither was Reagan. I do not think civil war is going to happen because these liberal protestors will get tired after a while and move on....Economic crisis is certainly a possibility. I think the real threat will come from outside governments a threat that will bring countries together instead of tearing them apart....We all have to live on this big ball so why not get along and make the best of it.

I think America is heading for another civil war... There's guns enough in America to shoot it all to kingdom come... Bad news for America, and bad news for Europe, and the world... Putin is very aware of this, and is just waiting to take it even further than the Ukraine... I'm not very optimistic when it comes to maintaining peace and stability in America, or in Europe... Europe must build a very, very strong army... and do it as quickly as possible... We are not prepared... I see a dark sail on the horizon... A sleeping beauty is not so beautiful with a bashed in face... Wake up Europe! Wake up now!!

it just gives us a little breathing room,,no one knows when it will all go to shit but eventually some a-hole will get stupid and push the red button,,,,when it happens I will see you all in hell

It's inevitable...The world is simply too crazy... I believe it's all going to hell... I'd love to be wrong though... but I just don't believe that we can avoid it...

Trump gives me a little more hope economically. . . Hopefully he can fix our now healthcare. We had less coverage, a higher premium & deductible with dropping the two youngest boys. This month hunny had to go on Medicare, which is a nightmare setting up, but now I am the only one that is on the health plan now.

I do like the fact that at last you have someone who isn't a professional politician!! its like a breath of fresh air after all the back stabbing that normally goes on.

Too many people have been led down for too long... I hope the best for America...

I don't think a civil war is looming. It's just a bunch of young people that are worried their free ride is likely ending and they are venting steam. (Ok, understated here, but moving on). I think they will grow bored and move on before long.
The economic crisis is coming, and no one can stop it, not even trump. I'm not sure when, and won't even try to guess, but all the pyramid schemes around the globe can't be sustained indefinately. By schemes I mean debt laden economies.
I hope a global crash won't lead to widespread war, but it's a likely trigger. I wish I could feel confident that trump, or anyone else could stop this speeding train wreck but don't think any one person is capable. Where the heck is superman when you need him....

I sure hope you're right... Another civil war in America is only good news for the enemies of the free world... God bless America! Keep on prepping!

One to two weeks after the election I would have said civil war was most likely. Actually I am not sure that civil war is the correct term, I think civil unrest would be the correct term. The protestors have simmered down for the moment but they are not done. They are currently organizing for a massive protest disruptj20 is collecting volunteers and getting ready. They are nasty people who seem to be putting their wants ahead of what is best for the country.

The markets are at record highs. Some people are rejoicing but I see this as a huge warning sign. I have stepped up my preps because I believe it is going to get real ugly. I think we are going to fall. I believe that the elite will not be giving up power to the people and they can crash the market at anytime. I am waiting for Black Friday numbers because I think that will be a great indicator of how the middle class is feeling. If numbers are low then it will indicate that the workers of America are feeling uncertain also.

The national debt, unfunded liabilities, and insolvency of Social Security haven't gone away just because Trump was elected. I think we have a better chance to solve some of the long term economic problems, and I think Trump getting elected may delay the inevitable, but the Ponzi scheme underlying the world's monetary systems and social welfare systems will have to crash eventually.

The protesters? Some are paid agitators and the rest are a bunch of crybabies throwing a temper tantrum. Let them get it out of their system.

democrats-crybaby-seal.jpg

Last edited:
The national debt, unfunded liabilities, and insolvency of Social Security haven't gone away just because Trump was elected. I think we have a better chance to solve some of the long term economic problems, and I think Trump getting elected may delay the inevitable, but the Ponzi scheme underlying the world's monetary systems and social welfare systems will have to crash eventually.

The protesters? Some are paid agitators and the rest are a bunch of crybabies throwing a temper tantrum. Let them get it out of their system.

democrats-crybaby-seal.jpg

How did that happen? The national debt of America is staggeringly high... Thank God for the printing press... (...No, it's really not funny...) I may not agree on everything that Mr. Trump says, but I agree with him on a lot of issues... and when it comes to the protesters, I can understand that some of the losers of the American election is a bit frustrated, or even scared... These are scary times... but the fact is that they lost the election...

Americas election system is very different from our election system... In Denmark every vote counts, but that's not how it is in America... You lose a whole state, or you win a whole state... and because the American system is set up this way, you might just end up with a president elect that got the least votes... but because the American election system is set up this way, every candidate forms their strategy accordingly... Candidates form their strategy, not to get the most votes, but to win states... and the thing is that Hillary Clintons strategy just didn't work...

If your election system had been like the one we have in Denmark, her strategy would have been different, and so would Mr. Trumps probably... Trumps strategy was to win the 270 Electoral College votes or more, and he did... His strategy was not to win the most votes, and it's the same with Hillary Clinton...

So we now have people in the United States of America who are complaining about the fact that Hillary Clinton got the most votes, and didn't get elected, and I can understand that kind of frustration... but her strategy didn't work, and Mr. Trumps strategy did... That's the bottom line... Mr. Trumps strategy would have been different if the election system would have been different, and if that were the case, that different approach, or strategy, may just have put him in the white house anyway... or that's what I believe...

The fact is that Mr. Trump outsmarted Hillary Clinton all the way to the white house, and she just couldn't keep up with him... He revolutionized the way a candidate in America speaks, and what can be said, and Hillary just didn't understand how to fight it... Donald Trump is not an idiot... He's a very smart guy... and who knows... maybe he would have won the election anyway if your election system had been like the one we have in Denmark...

The Danish politicians have been saying a lot of bad stuff about Mr. Trump. Probably because they just couldn't imagine that he could win, but the moment that he did win, they were on a very fast retread... suddenly Mr. Trump wasn't that bad after all... blah, blah, blah... Serves them right, ha, ha... Most of the Danish politicians are so despicable, I wouldn't sell them to my worst enemies... (...come to think of it, I probably would...but that's another story...) Donald Trump won the American election. Hillary's strategy didn't work... Get over it, and let's move forward...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back