"Tripwires" anyone?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
most rat traps don't have the necessary tension to set off a primer - same reason why the majority of those plunger type primer alarms don't work either >>> need something like the striker end of a smoke grenade from the paintball industry ....

a cheaper and more reliable "snap trap" type alarm is a mouse trap and a few snap caps from a toy cap pistol >> totally avoids any & all laws involved with booby traps and using firearms & components ...

Cock the hammer on a Single Action Army, and then "cock" a rat trap. The spring on the rat trap has MUCH MUCH more tension than the one on the Single Action Army.

possibly the stupidest comparison I've ever heard - if you think the striker bar on a rat trap hits with the same pinpoint accuracy & strength of any firearm striker >>> you need a little help there ...

again - the junk sold as primer alarms don't even work and are a scam >> and they 20X better than a trap

possibly the stupidest comparison I've ever heard - if you think the striker bar on a rat trap hits with the same pinpoint accuracy & strength of any firearm striker >>> you need a little help there ...

again - the junk sold as primer alarms don't even work and are a scam >> and they 20X better than a trap
Wondering why mine then worked like clockwork. 🤔

Now you are changing the subject, and I'm not going to let you do that. The subject was JUST spring tension, not accuracy, or shape or anything else other than spring tension.

Of course you need to have some sort of firing pin to focus the strike and not strike the primer with just the flat bar. That has nothing to do with whether the spring has enough tension or not.

And just to be clear, I am talking about THIS type of rat trap which will just about break your fricking finger if you get it caught in one.

iu

Latest posts

Back