Tripwire alarms

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure where you are at but, a few years ago, we had a fire in the nearby town sparked by a grill that had ash raining down on our house from 6 miles away. This was during the drought in Central Texas.

At the BOL2, in east Texas where it rains a lot, not so worrisome but, fire will be nothing to mess with when there is no FD to come put it out.

Yeah..
Thankfully we dont have to much to worry about wildfires in Texas.
They do happen but not frequently like in California.

Yeah..
Thankfully we dont have to much to worry about wildfires in Texas.
They do happen but not frequently like in California.

Depends on where you live I think....central Texas/hill country or even Bastrop...during drought years, it can be almost as bad as Cali.

Juniper/cedar goes up like a match with gasoline poured over it! We also have many plants high in oil content in their leaves that protects them from the harsh sun...don't underestimate the probability of a wild fire when SHTF.

Depends on where you live I think....central Texas/hill country or even Bastrop...during drought years, it can be almost as bad as Cali.

Juniper/cedar goes up like a match with gasoline poured over it! We also have many plants high in oil content in their leaves that protects them from the harsh sun...don't underestimate the probability of a wild fire when SHTF.

Yeah the Juniper burns well. I love it when I'd clear some out and let it dry and then burn it after a rainfall.
Love the smell!!
When we bought the place in Junction the guy left us with a huge pile of it that was 100ft long per side and about 10ft high.
I took the tractor and peeled off 10x10 piles and pushed them into the fire one at a time. It took me two days to burn it all.

Latest posts

Back