Tripwire alarms

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Going to pick up 7 or 8 of them since it's just the Wife and I here at the house and there will be instances where we're both going to need to sleep.
Looking at the ones that fire shotgun blanks or primers. I plan on putting them on the two back gates and the seven entry doors around the the house.
Simple to set up and when installed with a tight line they'll go off instantly. Not really planning on using them with a tripwire across a path so much. Just on the doors and gates. With the dogs putting them across a pathway will just scare the hell out of the dogs.

Any other thoughts on there uses?

Going to pick up 7 or 8 of them since it's just the Wife and I here at the house and there will be instances where we're both going to need to sleep.
Looking at the ones that fire shotgun blanks or primers. I plan on putting them on the two back gates and the seven entry doors around the the house.
Simple to set up and when installed with a tight line they'll go off instantly. Not really planning on using them with a tripwire across a path so much. Just on the doors and gates. With the dogs putting them across a pathway will just scare the hell out of the dogs.

I have some but, then haven't been able to find the right primers for it...no one has them in stock anymore. Its been about two years..

So, based on my experience with them, try to find the primers first!

These work good for that... I keep these in my go bag. The wax in the tin is to waterproof them if I need to.
silver acetylide snaps.jpg

I have some but, then haven't been able to find the right primers for it...no one has them in stock anymore. Its been about two years..

So, based on my experience with them, try to find the primers first!

Sounds like the shotgun shell one would be the best choice and from what I can tell they have an insert for primers.
Just open the shell and dump out the pellets.
I have a bit of birdshot so I already have the shells.

These work good for that... I keep these in my go bag. The wax in the tin is to waterproof them if I need to.
View attachment 16182

Those remind me of the military grade booby traps my buddy......kinda liberated and brought home on leave.
We strung the line across the street and tied it off on a street light and a mailbox. Then the poor unsuspecting driver came along and set it off about four foot from his window. He cussed up a blue streak we could hear for half a block.

He also liberated some military grade smoke grenades that were very impressive.
We tossed it off a fourth story apartment balcony into some shrubs by the street. I couldnt believe how much smoke those things put out!!
It was a calm night and there was a smoke cloud you could barely see through for a good quarter mile down the street.
Of course the volunteer fire department showed up looking for the source. That thing was glowing red hot a few minutes before the unlucky guy found it and tried to pick it up. He didnt look at it for long....

You can get some good smoke grenades from paintball fields. They stock them.

Yeah...it's been a long time since I played paintball,it would probably kill me now.
I could see where some smoke grenades could come in handy.

I still have my paintball gun as a matter of fact. I'd probably need to replace all of the O-rings to make it work again.

Yeah...it's been a long time since I played paintball,it would probably kill me now.
I could see where some smoke grenades could come in handy.

You don't have to play, just go to their desk and ask to buy some. They're not illegal in our state.

What about a motion sensor? Or a tremble switch under the porch boards or on the gate (they sell cool little 5v modules for car alarms that are super sensitive)? Then, you can have a silent alarm and you'll know they are there before they know they've been made.

Once they set off that primer alarm, they will either run away and come back later (much smarter) or it becomes a race to see if you can get to your gun before they get in. Loud noises only makes people move faster, and that's bad regardless of the direction they take.

If you're gonna make noise, make it the last noise they hear!

What about a motion sensor? Or a tremble switch under the porch boards or on the gate (they sell cool little 5v modules for car alarms that are super sensitive)? Then, you can have a silent alarm and you'll know they are there before they know they've been made.

Once they set off that primer alarm, they will either run away and come back later (much smarter) or it becomes a race to see if you can get to your gun before they get in. Loud noises only makes people move faster, and that's bad regardless of the direction they take.

I was trying to stay with stuff that doesnt require a battery.
Although a silent alarm that only you could hear would be a hell of an advantage.

I'm not sure where you are at but, a few years ago, we had a fire in the nearby town sparked by a grill that had ash raining down on our house from 6 miles away. This was during the drought in Central Texas.

At the BOL2, in east Texas where it rains a lot, not so worrisome but, fire will be nothing to mess with when there is no FD to come put it out.

Latest posts

Back