tree squirrels!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Learn how to cook them. They are a food source.

Yeah, cook a squirrel sauce piquante

Squirrel Sauce Piquante
Ingredients

2 squirrels, cut up
2 large onions, chopped
1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup oil
1 Tbs. flour
1 small can tomato sauce
1 small can Rotel tomatoes
water
salt and pepper
Instructions
Season squirrel with salt and pepper. Using a Dutch oven, add oil and squirrel. Brown pieces of meat well on both sides. Remove meat. Lower heat to medium and sautƩ onions, bell pepper and flour in same pan until brown. Return squirrel to pan and add tomato sauce, Rotel tomatoes and enough water to cover meat. Cover pot with a tight fitting lid and simmer for at least 1 hour, or until meat is tender. Add onion tops and parsley just before serving. Serve over rice.

Note: You can also use this recipe for Rabbit Sauce Piquante.

I've had problems with chipmunks and pine squirrels around the house and orchard up until this year. I've shot, trapped and poisoned them non stop for several years now. So far this year I only had to shoot 2 chipmunks and trapped another 4 of the little buggers. You'll never get rid of them completely, but with persistence you can control them. I keep baited traps out all spring and summer.

I have at the moment about 20 squirrels in the freezer. I make squirrel biscuits.

Boil the squirrels down and remove the meat from the bones. Then I make a roux with flour and butter. 1/2 cup of each. Add onions to the roux and cook until brown. Add chicken broth about 2 cups and a can of peas or mixed vegetables. Cook until thickened. The I just put a can of biscuits on the top and bake until golden brown.

Tell the grandkids it's chicken. They'll never know šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

It's a win win situation. If you stay on top of it you will eventually cut down their numbers.

I have at the moment about 20 squirrels in the freezer. I make squirrel biscuits.

Boil the squirrels down and remove the meat from the bones. Then I make a roux with flour and butter. 1/2 cup of each. Add onions to the roux and cook until brown. Add chicken broth about 2 cups and a can of peas or mixed vegetables. Cook until thickened. The I just put a can of biscuits on the top and bake until golden brown.

Tell the grandkids it's chicken. They'll never know šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

It's a win win situation. If you stay on top of it you will eventually cut down their numbers.
I found this funny. . . It's amazing what you can pass off as chicken.

Does anyone have some tried and true methods of keeping squirrels off fruit trees? I can't sit in the backyard all day with a bb rifle and even if I trap and drown them they'll stink up my garbage bin until the next trash day. I live in city limits and don't wanna deal with this crap.
If the trees are far enough apart that the squirrels can't jump from one tree to another, then you can put baffles on the trunks of the trees you want to protect.
https://www.welcomewildlife.com/tree-baffles-to-baffle-squirrels/One thing I would change is to use flashing tape instead of duct tape.

Latest posts

Back