Train derailment

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope the people of the ohio area assemble in the walmart parking lot on sundays at high noon to discuss their course of action. Its time for the people to rise up and take a stand.
And do what? Trains derail all the time. Trains carry toxic chemicals all the time. No doubt lawsuits will be flying all over the place.

This is a good interview with Glenn Beck and one of the residence from there. Her, being a small business owner is just heartbreaking. If you do not want to watch the whole thing, please start at 11:20. This is BIG. She was handed a contract to say that she would not hold the train company and none of its affiliates liable and harmless. She did not sign this, but 340 other residence did. They signed their rights away without any knowledge on what all the chemicals released would do to their health.

WITNESS Train derailment causing ‘WAR ZONE’ scenes in Ohio

IMO what should occur is that ALL assets of the corporations are seized, until this is resolved, and all trains stopped until inspected. All passports from those in leadership, confiscated pending criminal investigations.

A loud and clear message must be sent.

NASCAR rebuilds its cars after every race. Yet we have trains carrying chemical weapons bomb like material across the nation, with old rusty axles and overworked underpaid understaffed operators?

Unreal.

This is a good interview with Glenn Beck and one of the residence from there. Her, being a small business owner is just heartbreaking. If you do not want to watch the whole thing, please start at 11:20. This is BIG. She was handed a contract to say that she would not hold the train company and none of its affiliates liable and harmless. She did not sign this, but 340 other residence did. They signed their rights away without any knowledge on what all the chemicals released would do to their health.

WITNESS Train derailment causing ‘WAR ZONE’ scenes in Ohio
That sounds like a standard insurance contract to me. It usually comes with a payment. I've had to sign forms like this before.
If a person doesn't want to sign it they don't have to, they can take their chances in court, which could take a couple years or more with no guarantee of winning. I wasn't able to open the attachment so maybe there's more to it.

That sounds like a standard insurance contract to me. It usually comes with a payment. I've had to sign forms like this before.
If a person doesn't want to sign it they don't have to, they can take their chances in court, which could take a couple years or more with no guarantee of winning. I wasn't able to open the attachment so maybe there's more to it.
This is a Chernobyl event for us if you do not realize the actual effects. The Ohio river flows into the Mississippi River and that flows down into the Gulf. I have no idea what the long term effects will be, but can imagine it will flow down stream.

"And do what? Trains derail all the time."

Im assuming that was sarcasm from arcticdude.......cause that statement came straight out of buttgigs arse in interview with him blowing these folks off...
This is a Chernobyl event for us if you do not realize the actual effects. The Ohio river flows into the Mississippi River and that flows down into the Gulf. I have no idea what the long term effects will be, but can imagine it will flow down stream.

It's a trivial $1000 payoff to waive rights. You'd be an absolute fool to sign it.

My prediction is those residents will lose most/all of their property value (could be tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars each), lose businesses and revenue for many thousands of dollars annually, have livestock and pets die prematurely, and themselves have medical problems which are exacerbated by every day they stay there and breathe the air, drink the water, eat the local food.

These chemicals are poisons and carcinogens that will spike premature death and cancer rates.

In spite of the Biden admin now wrongly denying aid, this will probably become a superfund site and totally condemned.

We're talking damages in to the millions of dollars per person.

DO NOT SIGN any waivers. Leave. Get a lawyer.

I don't understand people sometimes. Everyone here bitches about the high cost of everything. Everyone bitches about the excessive government control over everything. But when something like this happens everyone starts screaming that there wasn't enough government control. That government needs to start throwing tax payers money around willy-nilly. Some have even suggested that government force every train car in the country to be retrofitted with "new technology" that may not be any better than what is currently in use.
This is all knee jerk reaction. Everything is transported by rail or truck. Just imagine what the cost of everything that we use today would be if all the fixes that people, who know nothing about rail transportation, are "demanding" is implemented. I am not playing down this disaster, but like I said earlier derailments happen all the time, and they always will. An enormous amount of money is already being spent on track and train car maintenance. It's just unfortunate that the cars on this train happened to be carrying toxic chemicals, and it happened to derail in a town. How would any of you recommend transporting these types of chemicals? How much more government control, increased taxes are you willing to accept to "fix" something that is guaranteed to happen again?
We all know that government is incompetent and stupid. They can't fix anything.

It's a trivial $1000 payoff to waive rights. You'd be an absolute fool to sign it.

My prediction is those residents will lose most/all of their property value (could be tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars each), lose businesses and revenue for many thousands of dollars annually, have livestock and pets die prematurely, and themselves have medical problems which are exacerbated by every day they stay there and breathe the air, drink the water, eat the local food.

These chemicals are poisons and carcinogens that will spike premature death and cancer rates.

In spite of the Biden admin now wrongly denying aid, this will probably become a superfund site and totally condemned.

We're talking damages in to the millions of dollars per person.

DO NOT SIGN any waivers. Leave. Get a lawyer.
I personally wouldn't sign it either, assuming it actually was only $1000. I'd get a lawyer too. One thing I am sure of, if this derailment happened in a dark blue area, the government would already be rolling in with dump truck loads of taxpayers $$$. Biden might even hobble in and say something stupid and blame Trump.
No doubt property values have probably dropped considerably. They'll come back someday. Or the government will eventually come in and buy everyone out. Hopefully it'll be a long time before another derailment like this happens again.

No doubt property values have probably dropped considerably. They'll come back someday.
Unlikely those properties will ever return. I've been hearing this is now a superfund site based on the amount and type of chemicals.

Look at the "love canal" New York or other toxic dumps. No value.

If you own property there, you've just lost all your value.

Unlikely those properties will ever return. I've been hearing this is now a superfund site based on the amount and type of chemicals.

Look at the "love canal" New York or other toxic dumps. No value.

If you own property there, you've just lost all your value.
I also know of some so called superfund sites that have been "cleaned up", at tax payers expense of course. Then ski resorts were built, condos etc and property values are extremely high now. I wish I would have bought a bunch of houses when they were going for $2-3,000 each there. Now houses are going for $500,000 and up.

I also know of some so called superfund sites that have been "cleaned up", at tax payers expense of course. Then ski resorts were built, condos etc and property values are extremely high now. I wish I would have bought a bunch of houses when they were going for $2-3,000 each there. Now houses are going for $500,000 and up.
Let me know about the "ski resorts" in east Ohio, and hour from Pittsburg. No.

This is a total disaster, probably cost billions to clean. The water tables are poisoned as these heavy toxins sink into the earth.

Ask yourself, would you pay even 1/2 price for any home or land within say 10 miles radius of East Palestine? Your cash, your savings, or your taking a loan. To buy property there.

That's your answer.

Let me know about the "ski resorts" in east Ohio, and hour from Pittsburg. No.

This is a total disaster, probably cost billions to clean. The water tables are poisoned as these heavy toxins sink into the earth.
I was just giving an example of an area where the property values came back. Yes it took 20+ years, so it was a long term investment that paid off very well for those that were patient.
I heard all these possibilities about this superfund site too. The rivers and creeks are clean and full of fish today.
Personally I would never live back east. Too many people, too polluted, too hot and muggy and too many disasters.

I heard all these possibilities about this superfund site too. The rivers and creeks are clean and full of fish today.
Literally just watched a video (I think from today) where a guy goes to the creek, uses a stick, stirs up the dirt in the water, and obvious rainbow colored contaminants rise into the water. He cites dead worms and fish as well.

No, it's not cleaned up IMO. Water should not be like that.

Latest posts

Back