Too many vitamins can give you CANCER, major new study warns the millions who take them

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick

Top Poster
Reaction score
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
"Dr Tim Byers – one of the world’s top cancer experts – examined research papers spanning 30 years

Dr Byers said: “We are not sure why this is happening but evidence shows that people who take more dietary supplements than needed tend to have a higher risk of developing cancer

This is not to say that people need to be afraid of taking vitamins and minerals. If taken at the correct dosage multivitamins can be good for you"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/science/many-vitamins-can-give-you-5556383

"Dr Tim Byers – one of the world’s top cancer experts – examined research papers spanning 30 years

Dr Byers said: “We are not sure why this is happening but evidence shows that people who take more dietary supplements than needed tend to have a higher risk of developing cancer

This is not to say that people need to be afraid of taking vitamins and minerals. If taken at the correct dosage multivitamins can be good for you"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/science/many-vitamins-can-give-you-5556383
I've struggled with this. I've always read that if you eat a healthy, varied diet, then you shouldn't need supplements. I eat really well, mayby too much, but healthy for the most part. I don't take any for that reason. Most of the younger generation dosent though, so supplements are probably a good idea. The problem is lots of people think that more is better. An example is my father in law. He was a bodybuilder in his younger days. Someone gave him a large can of egg protein once, saying it would bulk him up. He ate so much of it he has dark patches on his legs. This was in his twenties, to this day at eighty three, he still has them. Most of the promises made by the purveyors of these products are just marketing hype. Remember, these companies really don't care wether you get healthy, as long as you continue buying their products.

I don't take supplements because I believe I already eat healthy for the most part and my blood test I do every year shows I don't need vitamins, I eat lots of greens, fish ,nuts and raisins and drink lots of pine needle tea though maybe I drink to much milk. I take cholesterol pills not because it's high (slightly elevated) but because of my age per my doctor, the only problem I ever had was back a couple of years when I had an bronchitis attack (never had one since) from spending to much time around smokey fires and inside the smoke house where I cured my meat, the doc said my age slightly caught up with me. Unfortunately the younger crowd tend to eat out or order out, I like to tell folks eating out is nails to the coffin!

it must simply be that what ever you take in too much causes problems,moderation is the key..sometimes so hard as I love good food...

I take one multivitamin a day, just because I know I'm not a big veggie fan, though I do try to eat right most of the time. I just love food too much though.

One of the reasons for the garden. Hoping to eat more veggies if working for them myself.

See your doctor and get a physical once a year. The only way I found out what I was lacking (vitamin D) was through blood work. I am always wondering about the qualty of vitamins and such so I try to stay away from what I don' t need.

Latest posts

Back