Quantcast

Tom Brown Jr. Survivalism Books

Doomsday Prepper Forums - The Number One Prepper Site

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

I Quit

Reaction score
Anyone else read this guy's stuff? He's a 'professional' tracker, runs a respected outdoors survival and tracker's 'school' in the New Jersey Pine Barrens. His books are chock full of great information regarding basic to advanced survival skills. He gets a little off tangent sometimes with the whole spiritualism and Native American quasi-religious stuff-but I just skip it. I'd highly recommend Tom Brown's books for anyone wanting to learn more about: eating off the land (medicinal and edible plants), primitive hunting and trapping, constructing basic to semi-permament shelters, tracking/scouting skills, and basic natural orienteering. FYI

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone else read this guy's stuff? He's a 'professional' tracker, runs a respected outdoors survival and tracker's 'school' in the New Jersey Pine Barrens. His books are chock full of great information regarding basic to advanced survival skills. He gets a little off tangent sometimes with the whole spiritualism and Native American quasi-religious stuff-but I just skip it. I'd highly recommend Tom Brown's books for anyone wanting to learn more about: eating off the land (medicinal and edible plants), primitive hunting and trapping, constructing basic to semi-permament shelters, tracking/scouting skills, and basic natural orienteering. FYI
Thanks for the information. I would like to learn more about what plants are good for medicinal purposes and those suitable for consumption.
As it stands right now i would do it backwards and jack myself up!

I Quit

Reaction score
I think that my prepping is much different from most of those here. I've got the guns and whatnot, but 'less is more' is one of my guiding principles. Why carry a bunch of food when I can dig it out of the ground, or pick it out of a tree? Maybe it's because I've always lived in the sticks? I do want to learn more about communications though....

Colt 1911

Swiss army knives / multi tools
Reaction score
I am solid on prepping for a bug out. I am a avid backpacker / climber so I am good there. Now the problem is I live in southern California an not far from the boarder. I am prepping for earthquakes, power outages, stuff like that.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I am solid on prepping for a bug out. I am a avid backpacker / climber so I am good there. Now the problem is I live in southern California an not far from the boarder. I am prepping for earthquakes, power outages, stuff like that.
I am with you except the whole climbing issue. I am sure it is great knowledge to have, but I have a heights issue.... sigh...