Tobacco

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
friends it has occured to me, that tobacco will be a great asset, wether or not you smoke it.
ive also seen natural tobacco used for healing purposes, although i dont know many of them, i know if you chew a bit enought to get saliva in it, you can put it on bee stings which gives the sting relief.
NOT TO BE USE IN PLACE IF YOU'RE ALLERGIC TO BEES.

then you have the smoker, like myself, that will go ape shit w/o a cigarette. there are a crapload of people that smoke, so it will also be a great commodity for bartering.

in California, and i think most states (please look up your state/local laws so you dont get in trouble) it is totally legal to grow tobacco for personal use.
however trying to sell it, you need tax permits and such, so unless you're prepared for that, DONT.

im going to give a few tips about growing tobacco here for those that wish too start.

1st please know, unless you have miles of land, different kinds of tobacco does cross pollinate, screwing up your crop.
different tobbacos should be separated by at least 1 mile to keep this from happening.
so if you dont have the land, only grow 1 kind of tobacco.
2. you can buy various seeds on e-Bay for cheap, i bought Havvana Gold 1000 seeds for under $3.00.
4. start a crop before shtf, so you're proficent in growing the tobacco before shtf.
5. pack a tobacco pipe in your gear. there wont be too many papers post-shtf, so having a pipe in ehich to smoke your tobacco, and/or being able to charge people for using your pipe, may come in handy. i, myself, prefer a wood pipe as opposed to the marajuana glass pipe, that can get broken in your gear.

ok how to grow tobacco:
put some good soil, i use miracle gro moister control.
use a few empty flower starter pots, like when you buy a dozen flowers from wal-mart, use those. they should be small with a hole in the bottom or sides.
grab an empty styrophome container, such as mushrooms come in at the store.
place the flower carton into the styrophome container, and put water only in the styrophome container.
(assuming you already put the soil in the flower starters.)
tobacco seed are really small, take your finger and get about 15 or so seeds and place them on top of the soil. 15 or so per container.
use a squirt bottle, set on mist, and squirt each container where you put the seeds. this is enough to set them in the soil.
now cover them with aluminum foil, the whole top of the seed containers.
mark the date on the foil.
and take the whole setup and put it in a dark place. remember to make sure theres water in the styrophome each day.
seeds should start germinating in 3-8 days, and then you can give them light. use only the styrophome and mister water bottle to water them.
as they get bigger, transplant them outside.

if you have any questions feel free to ask!

friends it has occured to me, that tobacco will be a great asset, wether or not you smoke it.
ive also seen natural tobacco used for healing purposes, although i dont know many of them, i know if you chew a bit enought to get saliva in it, you can put it on bee stings which gives the sting relief.
NOT TO BE USE IN PLACE IF YOU'RE ALLERGIC TO BEES.

then you have the smoker, like myself, that will go ape shit w/o a cigarette. there are a crapload of people that smoke, so it will also be a great commodity for bartering.

in California, and i think most states (please look up your state/local laws so you dont get in trouble) it is totally legal to grow tobacco for personal use.
however trying to sell it, you need tax permits and such, so unless you're prepared for that, DONT.

im going to give a few tips about growing tobacco here for those that wish too start.

1st please know, unless you have miles of land, different kinds of tobacco does cross pollinate, screwing up your crop.
different tobbacos should be separated by at least 1 mile to keep this from happening.
so if you dont have the land, only grow 1 kind of tobacco.
2. you can buy various seeds on e-Bay for cheap, i bought Havvana Gold 1000 seeds for under $3.00.
4. start a crop before shtf, so you're proficent in growing the tobacco before shtf.
5. pack a tobacco pipe in your gear. there wont be too many papers post-shtf, so having a pipe in ehich to smoke your tobacco, and/or being able to charge people for using your pipe, may come in handy. i, myself, prefer a wood pipe as opposed to the marajuana glass pipe, that can get broken in your gear.

ok how to grow tobacco:
put some good soil, i use miracle gro moister control.
use a few empty flower starter pots, like when you buy a dozen flowers from wal-mart, use those. they should be small with a hole in the bottom or sides.
grab an empty styrophome container, such as mushrooms come in at the store.
place the flower carton into the styrophome container, and put water only in the styrophome container.
(assuming you already put the soil in the flower starters.)
tobacco seed are really small, take your finger and get about 15 or so seeds and place them on top of the soil. 15 or so per container.
use a squirt bottle, set on mist, and squirt each container where you put the seeds. this is enough to set them in the soil.
now cover them with aluminum foil, the whole top of the seed containers.
mark the date on the foil.
and take the whole setup and put it in a dark place. remember to make sure theres water in the styrophome each day.
seeds should start germinating in 3-8 days, and then you can give them light. use only the styrophome and mister water bottle to water them.
as they get bigger, transplant them outside.

if you have any questions feel free to ask!
Have you tried growing tobacco out here? I figured it would grow best in the south where it is more humid. Unless of course you built a green house.

I'm just gonna quite, what a foul mood I will be in!!!!! LMAO
Thankfully I quite smoking cigarettes a number of years ago (I still smoke quality cigars, no Dutch Masters for me), but having a carton or 5 for employing the barter system is a pretty damn good idea!
Then again when TSHF i may pick up smoking again....

I am sure if you had a run on some "illegal" drugs after the SHTF you might just become one of the most powerful people.... or the most hunted.
LOL, or both.
in that situation, I'd pay (in pot) some of my buyers to be my defense. if they know there's pot, they may be willing to stand guard for it for free.

Have you tried growing tobacco out here? I figured it would grow best in the south where it is more humid. Unless of course you built a green house.

Thankfully I quite smoking cigarettes a number of years ago (I still smoke quality cigars, no Dutch Masters for me), but having a carton or 5 for employing the barter system is a pretty damn good idea!
Then again when TSHF i may pick up smoking again....
LOL, brother, idk if you realized this yet or not, but we're in the south LOL.
and ya, from what I've read, tobacco can be grow just about anywhere.
Clyde, having the cigarettes is a great idea, but word of advice:
if you've already quit, don't start again, here's a few reasons:
1. post-shtf its gonna be reeeeaaaal expensive.
2. there wont be chemo for lung cancer post-shtf.
3. and probably most importantly: smokers get winded easily, you wont get far if someones chasing ya, especially with a 50 to 100lb pack on your back.

LOL, brother, idk if you realized this yet or not, but we're in the south LOL.
and ya, from what I've read, tobacco can be grow just about anywhere.
Clyde, having the cigarettes is a great idea, but word of advice:
if you've already quit, don't start again, here's a few reasons:
1. post-shtf its gonna be reeeeaaaal expensive.
2. there wont be chemo for lung cancer post-shtf.
3. and probably most importantly: smokers get winded easily, you wont get far if someones chasing ya, especially with a 50 to 100lb pack on your back.
I am sure they will be extremely expensive.
I saw that when I was in the Army. Towards the end of a lengthy field exercise you could sell cigarettes for about a $1.00 each. That was 1988 prices, and dollar value.

tbh, i dont know if id be able to smoke pot post-shtf. sure alot of stuff would get done (pot affects me different than most), but i will need all my sences to determine enemys or safty of my family, etc.

tbh, i dont know if id be able to smoke pot post-shtf. sure alot of stuff would get done (pot affects me different than most), but i will need all my sences to determine enemys or safty of my family, etc.
I know i couldn't i eat a months worth of supplies in about an hour. LOL :D

I see your sense but it doesn't effect me like others either I smoke it more often than most people smoke tobacco ,, not that I think its big or clever or anythin I'm just sayin that its a big part of my ways, if you dislike that I respect you fully I know its a bit taboo but I'm just an honest person, I will be smokin well after shtf but it won't be a priority and nothing will be risked to aquire any or protect any , I do know how to survive I just enjoy a smoke too

I see your sense but it doesn't effect me like others either I smoke it more often than most people smoke tobacco ,, not that I think its big or clever or anythin I'm just sayin that its a big part of my ways, if you dislike that I respect you fully I know its a bit taboo but I'm just an honest person, I will be smokin well after shtf but it won't be a priority and nothing will be risked to aquire any or protect any , I do know how to survive I just enjoy a smoke too
oh dont get me wrong, the minute it becomes legal here, ill be lighten the shit up!
depatment of child servicez is used as a weapon here. you piss someone off and dcs is at your door doing a drug test so i care more about my children than smoking pot, tbh, thats the only reason i dont!

oh dont get me wrong, the minute it becomes legal here, ill be lighten the shit up!
depatment of child servicez is used as a weapon here. you piss someone off and dcs is at your door doing a drug test so i care more about my children than smoking pot, tbh, thats the only reason i dont!
Good call brother I'd do the same in the same situation. No doubt like I said nothin is sacrificed or anything I Dnt let it get in the way o my job ory relationships with my fiancé and daughter etc its just my thing some guys go for a pint every night after work I just have a blaze I think I'd rather be on weed than anything else including just alcohol but that's just me, not making excuses but it realy help my post traumatic stress syndrome too mate, 2 mates died in my arms in a bad road accident few years ago, having a joint helps me to relax

Latest posts

Back