Tobacco

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great..i need to get to work on the green house soon as possible..it's gonna be 10-12 feet wide and hope fully at least 16 long

oh yeah..seen quiet a few of them..but i dont really have a good location for one of them..

thanks..i deffintly need to get my green house up to par big time more then ever now..

I smoke pipes only, growing tobacco in the Pacific Northwest wouldn't work unfortunately. If SHTF I would miss the occasional puff of the briar pipe, being the redneck I am the pinch of skoal would also be missed. we have a large population of spruce trees so I have resources for gum for when pipe tobacco/skoal isn't available ;)

i forget how long it takes for the plant to start produceing tobacco.so how long will it take?

Well maverick you should get into the VIP section if you want some cheap pipe tobacco. I used to run Pipesmagazine . Com and I am off loading some of the 150 pounds of tobacco I have stored away.

I just have to get into the VIP section myself :p

Well maverick you should get into the VIP section if you want some cheap pipe tobacco. I used to run Pipesmagazine . Com and I am off loading some of the 150 pounds of tobacco I have stored away.

I just have to get into the VIP section myself :p

lol, VIP may be the way! partial to sweet virginian w/blend of Latakia mix tobacco

we have a problem houston...i cant find the tobacco seeds..

ooooooooops.i found them..turns out i put um higher up out of tha way then i figured.. :confused: i've lost it and dont wanna find it..

i know that the Habanero is one of the hotest peppers around.but how hot is it?and is there one hotter that i can get?

in one show of doomsday preppes.one guy mae his own pepper spray.and it didnt work like he needed or wanted it to..and i think thats partly because of the ingredents.and that to me means a hotter pepper..

p.s. the skin makes a good rolling paper when dryed..lol

From what ive read before, tobacco has to be moister controlled even when drying. ill try n see if i cant find a site on virginian tobacco.

friends it has occured to me, that tobacco will be a great asset, wether or not you smoke it.
ive also seen natural tobacco used for healing purposes, although i dont know many of them, i know if you chew a bit enought to get saliva in it, you can put it on bee stings which gives the sting relief.
NOT TO BE USE IN PLACE IF YOU'RE ALLERGIC TO BEES.

then you have the smoker, like myself, that will go ape shit w/o a cigarette. there are a crapload of people that smoke, so it will also be a great commodity for bartering.

in California, and i think most states (please look up your state/local laws so you dont get in trouble) it is totally legal to grow tobacco for personal use.
however trying to sell it, you need tax permits and such, so unless you're prepared for that, DONT.

im going to give a few tips about growing tobacco here for those that wish too start.

1st please know, unless you have miles of land, different kinds of tobacco does cross pollinate, screwing up your crop.
different tobbacos should be separated by at least 1 mile to keep this from happening.
so if you dont have the land, only grow 1 kind of tobacco.
2. you can buy various seeds on e-Bay for cheap, i bought Havvana Gold 1000 seeds for under $3.00.
4. start a crop before shtf, so you're proficent in growing the tobacco before shtf.
5. pack a tobacco pipe in your gear. there wont be too many papers post-shtf, so having a pipe in ehich to smoke your tobacco, and/or being able to charge people for using your pipe, may come in handy. i, myself, prefer a wood pipe as opposed to the marajuana glass pipe, that can get broken in your gear.

ok how to grow tobacco:
put some good soil, i use miracle gro moister control.
use a few empty flower starter pots, like when you buy a dozen flowers from wal-mart, use those. they should be small with a hole in the bottom or sides.
grab an empty styrophome container, such as mushrooms come in at the store.
place the flower carton into the styrophome container, and put water only in the styrophome container.
(assuming you already put the soil in the flower starters.)
tobacco seed are really small, take your finger and get about 15 or so seeds and place them on top of the soil. 15 or so per container.
use a squirt bottle, set on mist, and squirt each container where you put the seeds. this is enough to set them in the soil.
now cover them with aluminum foil, the whole top of the seed containers.
mark the date on the foil.
and take the whole setup and put it in a dark place. remember to make sure theres water in the styrophome each day.
seeds should start germinating in 3-8 days, and then you can give them light. use only the styrophome and mister water bottle to water them.
as they get bigger, transplant them outside.

if you have any questions feel free to ask!

is the foil needed? and a dark place as well?..i have 2 starter flats that already put miracle grow potting mix that i put in there my self.and then the seeds like you described to.then a thin layer of potting mix it self..and of course i been bringing them into the house when i know its gonna be cold at night..

As far as ive done yes. but im not totally sure.
The first time, i did it like said, i had sprouts but i took them into light too soon i think and they died. the second time trying, i didnt have foil so i wrapped it in a black plastic bag, got nothing. ive had my seeds bout a year now, not sure their good anymore. good thing their cheap as hell on e-Bay lol

i been keeping mine in the run down green house when weather permits.and when we're gonna get rain or cold weather..then i bring um in untill further notice..

Latest posts

Back