Tobacco

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Reaction score
I heard, please correct me if I am wrong, that you can use tobacco leaves as a natural pesticide.
If so is there a specific type of tobacco needed or any special preparation of said tobacco?

I havent heard that but I've heard its good for bruises when the leaves are crushed. (I like to study herbal stuff when I get the chance)

When you get a big cut particularly by rusty metal, you can mix crushed tobacco leaves and oil (edible oil) which was warmed up. Strain it. Get the oil and put it into the wound. The heat will reduce the tetanus bacteria and the tobacco will help reduce the bleeding and disinfect the wound.

This is based on traditional medicine here. I have done this although I do still have my tetanus toxoid shots :)

When you get a big cut particularly by rusty metal, you can mix crushed tobacco leaves and oil (edible oil) which was warmed up. Strain it. Get the oil and put it into the wound. The heat will reduce the tetanus bacteria and the tobacco will help reduce the bleeding and disinfect the wound.

This is based on traditional medicine here. I have done this although I do still have my tetanus toxoid shots :)
Wow! Good to know.

Here in NC, the tobacco farmers have to spray to prevent flea beetles which will quickly decimate the tobacco crop. A small drop of that spray between the shoulders of a dog will keep away ticks, fleas and mosquitos for several months. Someone else posted in another thread that marigolds keep bugs away.

I use tobacco leaves soaked in water to make at "tea" to spray on plants to keep the bugs off. Just get a can of Copenhagen and let it steep in a gallon of water. . .spray as needed or after it rains.

I have to think that after the SHTF, and then society starts to get back, tobacco will be a hell of a cash crop (and barter item).

Latest posts

Back