To kukri or not to kukri….

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 7650

Reaction score
So I originally carried a knife and a hatchet in my big out bag, but lately I think I’m more leaning on a good pocket knife and a kukri. My kukri can do everything my hatchet can, and can do everything I need a bigger knife for. All the smaller tasks can be handled with my edc pocket knife. Has anyone had similar thoughts?

Yes, but haven't tried one as yet. Just from 2nd hand info. I will eventually buy one to test. What brand are you settling on?

I saw this video and it clued me into the power of big knives.

Using a kukri I cleared out about 8 acers of thick green Viney briars , underbrush and lower limbs of trees turning the property into something people like to slowly ride down the county road and gawk at , especially during the fall foliage period . I have two Kukris but my usual go to one is the exact image of the one used on the movie " water world " . It is not the sharpest of the my two Kukris but is the ruggedest . I have seen those for sale in a catalog spelled something like " Burduca " . I like the thick ruggedness of it , as my ground is covered in rocks and occasionally it will accidently hit a rock as I chop . My other kukri is a " Bo Grizz " addition . For self defense it would be my favored over the two , as it wouldn't surprise me if it could chop off a arm in one swipe .

Using a kukri I cleared out about 8 acers of thick green Viney briars , underbrush and lower limbs of trees turning the property into something people like to slowly ride down the county road and gawk at , especially during the fall foliage period . I have two Kukris but my usual go to one is the exact image of the one used on the movie " water world " . It is not the sharpest of the my two Kukris but is the ruggedest . I have seen those for sale in a catalog spelled something like " Burduca " . I like the thick ruggedness of it , as my ground is covered in rocks and occasionally it will accidently hit a rock as I chop . My other kukri is a " Bo Grizz " addition . For self defense it would be my favored over the two , as it wouldn't surprise me if it could chop off an arm in one swipe .
There are a few videos I’ve seen where people are hitting pig carcasses with a kukri. I have no doubt it would remove limbs quite easily in a self defense scenario

Latest posts

Back