time for me to meet up with others

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Mom n me were heading into town,and got to talking about me needing a vacation.aka camping trip.then i thought that it be a great time for me to meet at least 2 or 3 folks from here instead.but yet,i still need to set it up,where she stays with one of my nephews.in which his mom will stay there as well..this way mom will have someone to help out when needed.any takers?

Jim, I'd be there in a heartbeat if I weren't the other side of the Atlantic. I hope you get some takers as it's always nice to meet up and relax with like-minded folk.

I'm with SheilaT,without that little pond between us,it would be great.

anyone know much about lake charles louisiana?and the campgrounds in that area?

I know the place but not campgrounds. They have a nice alligator nature trail. And if I remember right, its mating season or at least it was a couple weeks ago when mom took my aunt & uncle when they came in for a visit.

Dam B (in TX(has a nice campground area and if you don't want to pay there are places on the lake to set up camp. Nice fishing too.

It the same area. . . but we stayed at a different one. They have apparently changed names so not sure which one I stayed at. First time I went was for my 16th birthday! Twinkie with 16 matches sticking up. That was fun. Squirrels came up and sat in my lap to feed and went canoeing. Had avid alligator swim under the boat and my friend with me started Spain ng the water with here paddle. I thought for certain we were going to flip!! There are many around the lake to choose from and I recommend eating at the Picket House there in Woodville if you do choose to go. Good down home cooking of all you can eat chicken n dumplings, greens, black eye peas, cornbread, biscuits and banana pudding. They are closed on Sun & Mon. That was my birthday dinner that year. Last time the kiddos & I went camping there has been over twenty years ago and has changed a lot since then. Hunny & I did go eat at the Picket House last year when I went to visit a friend in the hospital up that way. That place has stayed the same.

I asked hunny last night. . . it was a campground called Hen House Ridge and should still be there. It does have real toilets and showers. Let's face it, that's a big plus in my book. It maybe a part of the Magnolia Ridge. I'll try to find a link when I get on computer tonight for ya. Not sure how to copy and link on this tablet thingy.

soon as possible.im over due for one..:)
When are you planning on doing this trip Jim?

i found one outside of jasper,that im interested in.im not sure,but im thinking their camping fee's/cost.is between $10 to $18 a night.in which i figure to be,not to bad..:D and yes,them showers n restrooms,are deffently a added pluss..especially when you dont have a camp style outhouse and shower....
It does have real toilets and showers. Let's face it, that's a big plus in my book.

that looks like a good one.in which i called them about their camp sites today...the lady i talked with,was nice polite n respectful..i dont really wanna pay $14.00 a night..but yet,it can prove well worthwhile..

Have a great trip Jim. Take lots of photos. It'll be another couple of months before I get the tent out, it's still too cold for me.:)

Dang they have gone up. . . I think we paid around $4-$6, but it has been years

I know the place but not campgrounds. They have a nice alligator nature trail. And if I remember right, its mating season or at least it was a couple weeks ago when mom took my aunt & uncle when they came in for a visit.
Was it mating season for your aunt and uncle or the alligators? Sorry, I just couldn't resist.....

Latest posts

Back