Thoughts on prep with health conditions

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grayscale

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyones tried to talk about this topic.

I have asthma, prolapse valve and anxiety.

Now, the herbs I use and essential oils for each have worked wonders for me, but I've also searched into deeper reasonings for each condition.

Has anybody read your not sick your thirsty? There's alot of good information on it.

I have/had allergic asthma, which was awful because i and many other people are allergic to dust. I constantly had to be admitted for asthmatic bronchitis etc through the years and have had pneumonia a few times too.

When I read the "Your not sicj Your thirsty" I decided to see if maybe that's what my problem was. Once I started getting good p.h water i noticed my symptoms werent as bad.

I stopped taking breathing treatments (which are really awful when you have prolapse valve/anxiety. It makes both flare up on me.) And started drinking properly and it got better and better. This of course isn't the case for everyone but its a good thing to look into.

Now when I had asthma attacks and didn't have my breathing treatments to turn to there were a few different things i'd do to open my airwaves and bronchial tubes.

First, I'd take a coffee filter and put coffee in it and it would help my breathing become easier.
Then, i'd boil some eucalyptis oil or peppermint and breath in the vapors.
I also took himalayan salt treatments.

And now I can happily say i havent had an asthma attack or bronchitis in a year and a half which is saying something for someone who took breathing treatments everyday since i was 15/16.

The prolapse valve issue I am still working. Anxiety and it in my case goes hand in hand because this condition does cause anxiety but I have SEVERE anxiety.

When walking just down the hall way my heart rate would reach 160 just walking. When i'd stand my blood pressure would all of a sudden bottom out from my heart valve sticking and then forcing the blood through. I'd pass out, i had to stop playing sports when i sas 14 due to it.
Anyways, its an uncomfortable condition but i refused to get surgery for it growing up.

So, i developed awful anxiety about 3 years ago.

My heart rate would go nuts and I'd get this crazy warm feeling rush over me and then id feel suddenly like i was going to die and that made it worse.

So i changed my lifestyle. Started prayer and meditation and it worked to some extent but not good enough. I felt like i wasn't living fully.

I was constantly terrified of having another panic attack that I'd cause myself to have them frequently.

Anyways, coq10 and hawthorne berry and motherwort combined has changed me dramatically.

My heart rate regularly is 88, my blood pressure is incredible and i barely have anxiety anymore.

Coq10 gives our cells the energy that it needs. You should research it because it is incredible. Hawthorne berry itself is an amazing heart tonic. It strengthens your heart muscles and it is astounding how different you feel after you take it regularly. It stabalizes your heart rate, makes it stronger and it alleviates the fatigue from heart conditions.

Motherwort is amazing with my anxiety. If I'm beggining to have an attack i break the capsules open and make a tea out of it. Granted it tastes horribles but it works fast.

Anybody else ever try these herbs?

No doubt, herbal medicine is a heck of a fallback. Myself, we're growing medicinal and cooking herbs, but I also love stocking up on old school medicines. (we have a store near us that carries them, somehow).

That said, it's dicey, but if we end up with no alternative.... One of our old group, she was an EMT, but her and her hubby (a cop) have since gotten their own land and hold out place. (though they are still not far).

No doubt, herbal medicine is a heck of a fallback. Myself, we're growing medicinal and cooking herbs, but I also love stocking up on old school medicines. (we have a store near us that carries them, somehow).

That said, it's dicey, but if we end up with no alternative.... One of our old group, she was an EMT, but her and her hubby (a cop) have since gotten their own land and hold out place. (though they are still not far).
I'd like to grow some. My mom has a farm and she grows her own produce and herbs (right next door) we've just discussed having a section of herbs of all kinds. My brother is going for his emt but he doesnt really care about natural medicine. But ive managed to talk him in to teaching me lol the only good im at when it comes to medical junk is animals. Worked as a vet tech an learned some ninfty things but im no good at people

EF2BF49E-11B0-4A7A-BBF1-8D2C2D2CECF1.jpeg

You might want to check out this book it has anxiety and asthma in it but couldn’t find anything about the prolapse valve. Each condition it includes a number of different treatment methods: Ayurveda, Chinese herbalism, aromatherapy, homeopathy, flower essences, vitamins and minerals.

View attachment 8922
You might want to check out this book it has anxiety and asthma in it but couldn’t find anything about the prolapse valve. Each condition it includes a number of different treatment methods: Ayurveda, Chinese herbalism, aromatherapy, homeopathy, flower essences, vitamins and minerals.
Thats a nifty looking book. The asthma is all good and the prolapse is managable ans the anxiety. Of course it would be awesome if i could cure it loool. But i take hawthorn an motherwart for that an its all good but i hate being dependant on it. Its jus when the time comes id like to help people even when they have illnesses.

Whats the point in having knowledge if you dont offer it to others.

But! Im definitely going to check that out. I have a textbook from kingdom avademy (a herbal college) that gives you decent info but id like to find the kinda medicine thats out in the wilderness so i can be prepared for it when that happens.

On the bright note i wont be a deer stuck in head light if a panic situation arises out there lol.

I’m glad that you have found things to help yourself. No doubt, taking care of yourself and eating well can improve your life, but sometimes we need more intervention. I think using the least form of treatment is always the best option, wether homeopathic or pharmaceutical. I was lucky enough to have really good health most of my life, but Mother Nature has slowly started catching up with me. Age will get you sooner or later....

I’m glad that you have found things to help yourself. No doubt, taking care of yourself and eating well can improve your life, but sometimes we need more intervention. I think using the least form of treatment is always the best option, wether homeopathic or pharmaceutical. I was lucky enough to have really good health most of my life, but Mother Nature has slowly started catching up with me. Age will get you sooner or later....
The thing that is crazy about pharmaceutical medicine though is your body gets addicted to it. Once when i started changing my methods i had a bad asthma attack so i broke down and took a breathing treatment (this was about two years ago) i noticed that my lungs started acting crazy again. Like it was almost addicted to the medication so i had to be careful. If i took a whole treatment then id need to take more treatments but when i weaned off of it and noticed my lungs didnt want it as much.

A lot depends on your circumstances and of course it's a personal choice how you take care of your own health. I am more likely to to take heed of a qualified doctor and ask many, many questions of them.
I personally don't dismiss any treatment out of hand until I have fully researched it but there are illnesses and diseases that do not respond to the more alternative side of medicine or require surgical intervention. Just my 2p worth.
For myself and my family I have a selection of OTC meds stored and I also have a couple of good herbals for those times I may run out. I think living with or surviving anything more serious is in the lap of the Gods without professional medical help or intervention (or the internet for research) after an event with no help.

The thing that is crazy about pharmaceutical medicine though is your body gets addicted to it. Once when i started changing my methods i had a bad asthma attack so i broke down and took a breathing treatment (this was about two years ago) i noticed that my lungs started acting crazy again. Like it was almost addicted to the medication so i had to be careful. If i took a whole treatment then id need to take more treatments but when i weaned off of it and noticed my lungs didnt want it as much.
Our pharmaceutical companies honestly scare me. If you turn on the TV you’ll see 1/3 of all the commercials are hawking drugs. Most of the so called biologic drugs were made to treat one condition but now they push them for multiple ailments. The fact that these companies are purely profit driven is the scary part. Look at the opioid epidemic, and all the info just now coming out about how the sales were designed to make doctors think these things were safer and less addictive than they were. Greed is the only driving factor here, not quality care. My wife has a severe case of chrownes disease. Humera is the only thing she hasn’t tried yet. She was going to when it first came out, but the long list of horrible side affects made the risk higher than the benefits. There is no doubt that many drugs make you dependent, and not just pain killers. Once you start many diabetes and heart drugs you will never be able to stop them. I agree with sally on there are times you need modern medicine or surgical intervention but still think taking the least invasive treatment possible is wise.
Just a side note here for you personally, have you talked to a Dr thouroughly about the risks and benefits of not surgically treating the heart valve? I’m curious about the clot/stroke risks mostly.

Latest posts

Back