Those in the West and Southwest may want to look into the Moringa tree!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else catch it has a high level of selenium? This is truly a super food to help stay healthy and I was impressed with the overall nutritional values. Unfortunately we are to wet to grow in the ground where I am with our feast of famine rainfall. But I wonder if it could be grown in a container? It looks like it would be very possible if kept pruned. I will definitely keep an eye out for this.

Anyone else catch it has a high level of selenium?

Selenium can be toxic. It doesn't take much either. You can get too much just by eating five Brazil nuts (500mcg). The symptoms of mild selenium poisoning are hair loss, fatigue, neurological damage, gastrointestinal disorders, and garlic breath. Higher levels of selenium poisoning can result in liver cirrhosis, pulmonary edema and even death.

Selenium can be toxic. It doesn't take much either. You can get too much just by eating five Brazil nuts (500mcg). The symptoms of mild selenium poisoning are hair loss, fatigue, neurological damage, gastrointestinal disorders, and garlic breath. Higher levels of selenium poisoning can result in liver cirrhosis, pulmonary edema and even death.
Selenium is one of those minerals my goats have to have to be healthy. Where I am at we have a low moderate rate so I have to supplement my goats with products that contain that certain mineral, like spinach. Since my ground is not up to par in that mineral, whatever I grow will also be lacking from its potential so I have to supplement more for them to get the levels they need. Yes they have a free choice of loose minerals designed for goats but I would much rather they get it from the foods they eat naturally.

Last edited:

FIVE Brazil nuts? FIVE? Jesus, I've got to slow down....love them things!

Latest posts

Back