This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My husband said he was going to clean out the freezer. I told him he wasn't throwing anything out until we know about the food shortage. He might decide he likes frozen zucchini.

Can't believe he even considered this at this crucial time.

We have two other stores in the bigger town from us that had them...Menards and Orschelan. Our Walmart has them, but they are higher. Am glad I bought lids a while back, and even though they were out of stock at the time, they honored the price 9 months later. Ball lids were $2.75 standard, $2.85 wide mouth per dozen, and we ordered nearly 1000. Now they're in the $4 a box range. From Berlin Packaging on line. Noticed Walmart was high on lids, too.

After both of the North Sea gas lines have been sabotaged...looks like Germany will not get any gas for heating, even it Russia wanted to turn the gas back on. We are getting our gas from Russia over Romania and Serbia into Hungary, but I am getting another propane tank for emergency cooking and buying the needed exhaust pipes for my wood burning stove in the living room, (which we hardly ever use) and will be making it all fit togther in the dining room/kitchen area which is technically one large room connected to the bathroom on one side and our bedroom on the other.
At the moment we are heating with gas from a small 3 Kw gas heater and it is thrifty and more than enough.
BUT, if all fails we will have to heat with wood or whatever we can find to burn.
I can cook with butane, propane, alcohol, wood or gasoline at the moment and will build a solar cooker this winter in the slow and boring months. Got the glass and insulation already, just need the wood. Have screws and nails, hinges and handles also. A mirror should be no problem either, there are lots of second hand shops nearby.
We just got another 20 glass jars from a neighbor who no longer cans anything and they are now washed and stored for the next batch of whatever. Extra lids are already here and rubber gaskets for the European type mason jars.
We have 14 different ways to cook and heat so I am not worried about this winter, just wondering how the rest of the town is doing prepping wise. Only our direct family know how much we prep and you never know how bad it could or will get soon enough. Live free friends, Gary

Luckywise gas isn't an topic in the area I'm living. Prices in my area don't rise so much like in others - for this year. It will look different next year. But if they still wanna follow to shut down electricity partly I'm safe in the basic. 2 petroleum and one fuel stove will keep me warm. If i need the tent wood stove i better pack the tent too and join some "hidden winter camping hollidays". A gas cooker and two Coleman fuel burners will be enough to prepare an hot soup or more.

Hey CindyD...if you have a Dollar General, check there for quart jars. Ours has a bunch of them for $10 a flat. Jelly jars are $9.
Robin....I canned our cherry tomatoes and did not remove the skin. Also just cut them up and dehydrated them.
I love dehydrated tomatoes. Eat them for snack.

50 lb
GR063
$41.66
$0.83/pound

I got 200lbs, shipping was just under $15, I pick up about 6 miles away.

Did you get it from Azure PP? I’m considering getting more wheat berries myself. Getting that feeling I still might not have enough. With so many people not preparing I am feeling more and more obligated to have extra. Anyone else feeling this way?

Did you get it from Azure PP? I’m considering getting more wheat berries myself. Getting that feeling I still might not have enough. With so many people not preparing I am feeling more and more obligated to have extra. Anyone else feeling this way?

Yes, I'm hoping it's clean and debris free. I heard some people have been getting poor quality.

Yes, I'm hoping it's clean and debris free. I heard some people have been getting poor quality.
That surprises me that some folks have been getting poor quality. We have a wholesale account for our business and their wheat was always great. I hope that's not a trend.

Latest posts

Back