This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sitting here trying to figure out what grains I want to add this month. I’ve never tried Spelt. Please don’t laugh! Don’t even know what it tastes like. Definitely going to add another couple hundred pounds each of Soft White Organic Wheat and Hard White Organic Wheat, but not sure on the Spelt.

Has anyone cooked Spelt?

Sitting here trying to figure out what grains I want to add this month. I’ve never tried Spelt. Please don’t laugh! Don’t even know what it tastes like. Definitely going to add another couple hundred pounds each of Soft White Organic Wheat and Hard White Organic Wheat, but not sure on the Spelt.

Has anyone cooked Spelt?

No, but have you tried Amaranth? It not only provides you with grains, also leafy greens and a root vegetable

No, but have you tried Amaranth? It not only provides you with grains, also leafy greens and a root vegetable

I have tried Amaranth and like it very much. Never grown it and had no idea you could eat the greens and roots!! Now THAT makes it worth growing. Especially in hard times.

I have been searching for my old mercury thermometer. Thought I might need one after the digital one's batteries die. I'm guessing they are off the market. Need a stethoscope too. Why, I have no idea, I couldn't fix a heart attack so it might be better not to count the beats, etc.

I’ve got an old one, but had searched for a new one without luck back in the summer. Try local when you are out in different shops and stores. You do need a stethoscope. If you want to check and see if anything sounds “off” or “congested” in the heart, it will enable you to do that.

I’m looking at signing up for a class by Patriot Nurse for basic healthcare. She just had a set of them in Knoxville. The next closest one is Atlanta…but I am thinking about going to Charlotte. Or going out to Montana this summer for one out there and visit my relative who is a physician that I haven’t seen for awhile.

I’ve got an old one, but had searched for a new one without luck back in the summer. Try local when you are out in different shops and stores. You do need a stethoscope. If you want to check and see if anything sounds “off” or “congested” in the heart, it will enable you to do that.

I’m looking at signing up for a class by Patriot Nurse for basic healthcare. She just had a set of them in Knoxville. The next closest one is Atlanta…but I am thinking about going to Charlotte. Or going out to Montana this summer for one out there and visit my relative who is a physician that I haven’t seen for awhile.
A basic EMT class at the local community college would be cheaper and just as effective.

That's pretty expensive. They were $8 a can at Walmart just 3 months ago when I bought them out. Cheaper now to buy some roasts and can them yourself.

Yeah, but I can't find them at Walmart or anyplace else, I bought 1 case to keep increasing my supply.

I am cutting down two trees for two german women living here in Hungary since a half year. Two 60 ft. high pine trees only 10 feet from their house. I have to cut all the branches off separately, drop them to be collected, try to avoid them hitting the glass roof of the winter garden, then drop the rest of the tree in 6 foot sections and then finally drop the last 30 feet into the garden. I will get $200 for about 4 days work which is my monthly SS check...we will fill the car with diesel and go shopping for more good stuff for the pantry when I finish...live free, Gary

Latest posts

Back