This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trapper

Reaction score
Im throwing out a challenge to everyone to post what they do for prepping. I know time and money can limit what people can get done. Even one thing a week, no matter how small gets you one step closer to your goals. Over the next year this should be a huge thread and all of us should have 50 projects done.

This week my son and I picked up 700 223 brass and 800 40cal brass to reload. Cost was nothing but an hours time. Now the work starts to prepare it to reload and locate bullets.

What have you accomplished this week?

A ton of work in the gardens for starters. Made some cheese last night and I'll be waxing it when it's ready. Marked which trees will come down for future firewood and posts in a couple of weeks. Helped Hubs tear down an outbuilding for the lumber and hardware to add onto our chicken/rabbit houses so we can do meat birds a little more easily. Worked more with the filly, made sure the mare she's out of is leaving in August, the filly should make a good using horse. Dehydrated 20 pounds of potato slices.

I suppose that counts as preps, it's how we live our lives and how we intend to continue living them.

Garden work and cleared out some privet hedge next to the chicken run ,planning an add on run/pen for quail ( raising quail ,still in planning phase) . Added shelving in pantry , wife continues organizing food stores. Purchased pvc/ supplies for drilling shallow water wells on back of property.(www.drillyourownwell.com). And of course the yearly hurricane prepping is just starting .

Purchased pvc/ supplies for drilling shallow water wells on back of property.(www.drillyourownwell.com). And of course the yearly hurricane prepping is just starting .

Let me know how that goes. I have studied that web site for hours and am planning on putting in a well that same way. I am looking for a hand well pump. Any suggestions on how it works would be great!

Let me know how that goes. I have studied that web site for hours and am planning on putting in a well that same way. I am looking for a hand well pump. Any suggestions on how it works would be great!
Yea that dude has a great site, For now planning to cap the well and occasionally use a gas powered pump, still looking into hand pumps .

WOW!!! I feel like such a slacker, all Ive done is mow the yard and take the family to the lake and played on the jet skis. I guess I need to get busy.....I at least watched on old episode of Doomsday Preppers, if that counts for anything.

WOW!!! I feel like such a slacker, all Ive done is mow the yard and take the family to the lake and played on the jet skis. I guess I need to get busy.....I at least watched on old episode of Doomsday Preppers, if that counts for anything.
Prepping can take a break while you enjoy life with your family..Period

i havent done any thing so far this week...but now with mom out of the house untill monday at the latest..i can go through my stuff onenling to see what i have n dont have for prepping.and maybe add stuff to it,when it comes to what i already have..and i can now take my time in doing so..

4 days to lay all your stuff out Jim , that will let you see what you have and what you still need to get plenty of time before mom gets back

Latest posts

Back