This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My egg customer really came through today. He gifted me with 6 quart size shampoos and the same amount of body wash.

I tried to barter the eggs, but he insisted on paying.

He works at the warehouse that provides these to Wal-Mart, Dollar General, etc. and they give it to employees. They can't sell, but can give it away. He is my source for alcohol, peroxide and hand sanitizer too.

Lots of people don’t realize you can build a wood fire in a charcoal grill and cook on it when the flames die down and it’s just hot coals. My favorite way to cook in an improvised way is to make a rocket stove with some bricks. You can actually make one out of many different things but the point is you can cook with way less fuel and get a hotter fire in one.

Lots of people don’t realize you can build a wood fire in a charcoal grill and cook on it when the flames die down and it’s just hot coals. My favorite way to cook in an improvised way is to make a rocket stove with some bricks. You can actually make one out of many different things but the point is you can cook with way less fuel and get a hotter fire in one.

My offset smoker is the easiest thing I have even built a fire in. I can smoke, BBQ, and bake. Even have cooked wood fired Pizza in the fire box. It’s my go to.

I bought a new chain for my saw and cannot get it on. Compared it to chain that is on now and they are not the same size. Just my luck. Glad it tried it out today rather than waiting until none are available.

My point is, check your spare parts to make sure they fit before SHTF worse than it is.

I bought a new chain for my saw and cannot get it on. Compared it to chain that is on now and they are not the same size. Just my luck. Glad it tried it out today rather than waiting until none are available.

My point is, check your spare parts to make sure they fit before SHTF worse than it is.

something else in regard to chainsaws >> make sure to have the files and sharpening jug for DIY sharpening - also chainsaws are one of the critical time/labor saving tools that need 2 cycle oil gas additive - and the correct bar/chain oil will keep it going ....

something else in regard to chainsaws >> make sure to have the files and sharpening jug for DIY sharpening - also chainsaws are one of the critical time/labor saving tools that need 2 cycle oil gas additive - and the correct bar/chain oil will keep it going ....
I have the manual sharpending kit but no idea how to use it. My friend took one of my chains and used his electric sharpener. I don't know what it's called.

I had a chocolate lab as a kid , he was the friendliest dog I ever had, not a mean bone in him either.
im glad you guys are getting you a new pal.
Thanks. Its been really hard around here since Gus is gone. Everywhere I look I see reminders of him. I work from daylight until dark in order to keep my mind occupied.

Thanks. Its been really hard around here since Gus is gone. Everywhere I look I see reminders of him. I work from daylight until dark in order to keep my mind occupied.
I can't imagine, that is so hard. We have 2 dogs, both german shepherd/st bernard. They are such pains in the butt, but I love them and would have a hard time if something happened to one of them!

I can't imagine, that is so hard. We have 2 dogs, both german shepherd/st bernard. They are such pains in the butt, but I love them and would have a hard time if something happened to one of them!
I had a ST Bernard too, it was really tough when i lost mine to heart worms, he was like a big fuzzy family member!!

I’ve got a Black lab that will turn 15 in Dec. I jokingly say she is a white lab because she is so grey. Pretty much on hospice care. If she makes it, it will be the only one that made 15. My wife is determined to do it.

In my best Eyore voice, (“Good old Katie“).

I didn’t really want another inside dog but when my neighbors dogs killed one of mine I decided it was better to bring the other one inside. He adjusted really well to house rules with little problem. The love from animals is one of the best things in life. The only downside you can’t just go off with the responsibility of caring for them. I kind of figured after the kids were gone I would like to travel more. Instead I just adopted two more babies….

We just sent off a $600 deposit for a new puppy. Its possible that we could get him by Christmas.
My brother's dog is having puppies soon and I might adopt one. I'm hesitant though because I work so much and will have to leave it alone a lot.

I am getting a big paycheck though next week and am making a list of items to stock up on. I am also buying my Christmas presents now because I know as we get closer to the holidays I won't be able to get anything. Even the other day at Walmart there was so much random stuff out of stock or low.

My brother's dog is having puppies soon and I might adopt one. I'm hesitant though because I work so much and will have to leave it alone a lot.

I am getting a big paycheck though next week and am making a list of items to stock up on. I am also buying my Christmas presents now because I know as we get closer to the holidays I won't be able to get anything. Even the other day at Walmart there was so much random stuff out of stock or low.
Same here as the stores are getting bare, normal items sometimes but different brands . It’s only going to get worse before it gets better. Buy what you need soon.

1634730285068.jpeg

That’s right, lower your expectations! Why would you have the nerve to expect FOOD or HEAT??

Latest posts

Back